Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

Reynard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used this guide's instructions to update my 2DS from 6.0 to 10.3 via the cart update instructions. But even though I changed the date and time as instructed in Part 1, I can't use the browser at all. Attempts go immediately to a update nag. What do I do now?

charlie025

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help with part 5 section 2 of the guide. When I enter the link on my o3ds it takes me to otphelper and the guide says to full install arm9loaderhax, but thats not a option in the otphelper. I think my o3ds is booting the wrong app.

Edit - I fixed it by replacing arm9 and arm11.bin files with the ones that came with safesysupdater.zip. I must of accidentally put the .bin files from otphelper.zip

Last edited by charlie025,

carlitoB123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@charlie025 i had that this morning (10 hours ago) just before i went to work. i think i might have used a wrong arm9loaderhax.bin file at some point. i actually did a usa n3dsxl 2 days ago, then i was doing my jap n3dsxl since last night. some files have changed in only 2 days so maybe i used an old file at some point? i dunno...

anyway, what i did to sort it was delete all files out of my downloads folder (on windows), re-downloaded EVERY file off part 5 of the guide, followed the guide again and i got the correct screen after loading the browser bit on fw2.1

edit:- thank you Plailect for the fantastic guide, especially being able to highlight the bit you are on. fantastic. stops jumping a section by accident!

also what are the differences between using the v1 stuff and the v2 stuff? thanks! :)

edit2:- @charlie025 it might be from using the wrong screeninit or noscreeninit for arm9loaderhax too. i dont know what the difference is, or which i used this morning or tonight. good luck! mine is 100% working now dude, just did my restoring emunand_original.bin

Last edited by carlitoB123,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@charlie025 i had that this morning (10 hours ago) just before i went to work. i think i might have used a wrong arm9loaderhax.bin file at some point. i actually did a usa n3dsxl 2 days ago, then i was doing my jap n3dsxl since last night. some files have changed in only 2 days so maybe i used an old file at some point? i dunno...

anyway, what i did to sort it was delete all files out of my downloads folder (on windows), re-downloaded EVERY file off part 5 of the guide, followed the guide again and i got the correct screen after loading the browser bit on fw2.1

edit:- thank you Plailect for the fantastic guide, especially being able to highlight the bit you are on. fantastic. stops jumping a section by accident!

also what are the differences between using the v1 stuff and the v2 stuff? thanks! :)

edit2:- @charlie025 it might be from using the wrong screeninit or noscreeninit for arm9loaderhax too. i dont know what the difference is, or which i used this morning or tonight. good luck! mine is 100% working now dude, just did my restoring emunand_original.bin
The guide just recently updated, so along with that you need to update files you were using per what the guide says. Originally the guide would have you extract the otp.bin using OTPHelper, and then load safea9lhinstaller to install. But it was updated so that you use the arm11.bin from safea9lhinstaller which automatically dumps the otp.bin while performing the install. It's a bit confusing, especially for those who don't do the guide all in one go and ended up having some instructions change on them in the middle of the guide.

carlitoB123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
now mine is all working fine i have to say it was a good thing going into OTPHelper when i shouldnt have as i managed to get a dump of my working fw2.1, i never got the chance with my usa one 2 days ago.

charlie025

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I ffigured

edit2:- @charlie025 it might be from using the wrong screeninit or noscreeninit for arm9loaderhax too. i dont know what the difference is, or which i used this morning or tonight. good luck!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@carlitoB123 the screeninit and noscreeniniy are two files you choose from that both boot the 3ds cfwsysNAND in two different ways. I believe screeninit is slower on boot but you can add a startup animation, and noscreeninit is simple and fast. Theres no wrong or right file, its a matter of choosing which one best suits you.

Edit- Im useing my phone to post and the website is glitchy on mobile, idk how to fix that above.

Last edited by charlie025,

WiiHoney

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide and i didnt have no problem, now my sysNAND is sys 11.0.0-33U on an old 3DS

my question: I cant access Gateway Red card anymore? I have so many games on my mSD card and only 8GB on the sd card.

if there is no way to access GW card, is there a guide on how to use Decrypt9 to restore sysNAND_original.bin ver9.2?

Last edited by WiiHoney,

MontyQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so all works great guide was fantastic, but can I now use say my old blue gw card for ds roms and it well work on this or no ? as firmware now 11.0 ect

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Stupid Questions With Jacklack3! :D

1. By full stock do you mean like when i upgrade i
will be formated?

2. Do i extract the folders i downloaded in Part 4?

3. Guessing that my emunand will become my uhh... Ultra-Sysnand kinda? Am i right?

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Good grief, following the guide for the 12th time, and I got stuck on downgrading my o3DS XL to 2.1. Every time I do it, everything is good except for NFIRM - and then it goes to the Nintendo error has occurred screen. I've restored the formatted rednand about thirty times to no avail.

I'm going to try again with another rednand and see if it happens again.

tomazzzi

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Just installed arm9loaderhax with success on my O3DS (9.2sysnand, 11.00.0-33 Emunand Rxtools ), all went fine thx for the guide.

I have a question.

I used to work with 2 SD cards with 2 differents emunand ( one for my son and one for me ).

How to do that with arm9loaderhax ?

I did the whole tutorial with mine so i m now on Luma CFWSYSNAND.
But i still have my son SD card with EMUNAND 11.0.0-33 and rxtools.

How can i get his SD card runninng with armloaderhax?

i m a bit confused....

Thx !

Last edited by tomazzzi,

tomazzzi

Trophies
XP
Country
Found it, that was easy :)

If it can help someone i just had to copy those files from the main sd card to the other SD :

luma folder
aeskeydb.bin
armloaderhax.bin
hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_XXXXX.bin

rebooted and voila, both cards are working with no data loss.

Thx again for this wonderfull guide !

Last edited by tomazzzi,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've gone through this guide three times now. I have yet to encounter any serious errors while following this guide. The one only issue I've had was when I first formatted the redNAND on one of them. For some reason luma was no longer booting it. All I did was restore redNAND from a backup and it worked, and I then proceeded to format twice and from there had no issues. If you follow this guide exactly, and do it all in one go then you should be fine. I highly advise not doing just one portion and then going back later, as the guide can sometimes change quite a bit in just a day.
Also the more you do it, the more comfortable you get and the faster it seems to go. I went from 5+ hours with no issues my first time to under 4 my third time, even after being set back 15 minutes to fix redNAND when formatting broke it for some reason.

Tebra

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have gone through this guide 4 weeks ago on my 2DS from firmware 6.0. It was a very long process but everything was fine. Thank you

Last edited by Tebra,

mehmetkuc

Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to ask a question. I have installed A9lh one on my n3ds xl from scratch successfully by using the guide.

For another one, I could able to start from part 4 (Downgrade to 2.1.0) since I already have unlinked Emunand with 11.0 with Luma CFW and Sysnand on 9.2. I can only get backups on current Emunand (similar to emunand_formatted.bin as per the guide) and Sysnand (original, likewise). At part 5 section iv copying rednand to sysnand guide says to copy from Emunand original backup which I dont have it? Is it ok to restore sysnand from my current backup of unlinked emunand? I am asking this to avoid starting from scratch and reinstall all the stuff I currently have.

Last edited by mehmetkuc,

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
PlaiSysUpdater v04 chrashed for me middle of the installation (downgrade to 9.2.0) and i launched again and it said just one file (firm) left and i launched just in case again and then nothing left. Now is it mean i am at full 9.2.0 now?

Last edited by Cava,

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I followed the guide and i didnt have no problem, now my sysNAND is sys 11.0.0-33U on an old 3DS

my question: I cant access Gateway Red card anymore? I have so many games on my mSD card and only 8GB on the sd card.

if there is no way to access GW card, is there a guide on how to use Decrypt9 to restore sysNAND_original.bin ver9.2?

There is a tutorial on how to use gateway on a9lh v2 stickied on the front page

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1