Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Completely Redesigned

https://3ds.guide/

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

AboboSuper

Trophies
XP
Country
With menuhax, the success rate of getting the am:u handle is greater than directly with browserhax.
Try it with the one that Works for you.
You'll probably going to only install the NATIVE_FIRM cia (that what usually errors on the downgrade).

After you run the downgrader, run this program from @zoogie (from homebrew) to check that you have a clean 9.2:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/potenti...after-downgrading.410075/page-10#post-6006406

Did the downgrade again and finished and rebooted with no errors.

Used the the downgrade checker from the link and all looks good.

But it found 3 extra titles, is this an issue?

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer

I'm stuck here at step 8, there's two different 32 character strings to choose from. One is big (15 gigs) and has many extdatas, the other is small (100mb) and only has the extdata it wants me to delete. Which one do I delete? I imagine the first one is my emunand, so I delete the second, right?

Also it says to delete my 3ds folder, but I only want to delete the sysnand part of it instead of the whole thing, right?

edit: nevermind, got it figured out

Last edited by Firion Hope,

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there different versions of SafeA9LHInstaller for O3DS and New 3DS? I believed I bricked m O3DS XL following the A9LH Upgrade guide as I used the latest verision of the SafeA9LHInstaller on my O3DS. The guide does not mention anything about Old or New 3DS. If there are in fact different version of Old and New then the guide need to mention that.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there different versions of SafeA9LHInstaller for O3DS and New 3DS? I believed I bricked m O3DS XL following the A9LH Upgrade guide as I used the latest verision of the SafeA9LHInstaller on my O3DS. The guide does not mention anything about Old or New 3DS. If there are in fact different version of Old and New then the guide need to mention that.
The guide does mention that there are specifics for Old and New 3DS and you need to learn to read:
  • The release of SafeA9LHInstaller corresponding to your device:
From https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide does mention that there are specifics for Old and New 3DS and you need to learn to read:
  • The release of SafeA9LHInstaller corresponding to your device:
From https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

My O3DS was already on A9LH so I followed the guide for updating it to the latest A9LH. Point me to where in the A9LH update guide that mention SafeA9LHInstaller for Old and new 3DS.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My O3DS was already on A9LH so I followed the guide for updating it to the latest A9LH. Point me to where in the A9LH update guide that mention SafeA9LHInstaller for Old and new 3DS.
I apologize. I didn't see that you mentioned updating A9LH. I'm the one that needs to learn to read again. That's very strange that the updating guide doesn't mention the different versions but the installing guide does.

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize. I didn't see that you mentioned updating A9LH. I'm the one that needs to learn to read again. That's very strange that the updating guide doesn't mention the different versions but the installing guide does.
No need to apologize as I don't want other users to brick their 3DS like I did. I just wanted to point this out to the OP so that way he will revise the upgrade guide for Old and New versions. Sine my 3DS was already on A9LH, there was really no reason for me to read the install guide again? I have not updated my 3DS in a few months so I did not know there were 2 version of SafeIntsaller.

Last edited by kublai,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to apologize as I don't want other users to brick their 3DS like I did. I just wanted to point this out to the OP so that way he will revise the upgrade guide for Old and New versions.
I'm sorry for your brick. That's very unfortunate to hear about. :(

Tagging @Plailect so that he can see this.

anup756

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
I have the Super Mario White Edition New Nintendo 3DS that came with 11.1.0-34U. Is it possible to install CFW?

anup756

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
If you get a hardmod or through DSiware downgrade method with another system with CFW. Otherwise, no.
So how do I know if my console has browser or not? Mine is 11.1.0-34U so since it is -34, it has browser??

Also I haven't seen any 3DS console that doesn't have browser.

PickleSlice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to hack a buddies o3DS using the DSiWare system transfer way. I've done it before so I know it won't be an issue, but I have a question regarding the NNID. When I did another friends n3ds, I must have gotten some water head Nintendo representative because they kept telling me that I'd have to do another System Transfer to get my NNID back, only until I insisted multiple times and made up some story about how it was a friend of mine who lives far away, etc, did they do the transfer for me. When I do this next o3ds, I'm going to wait a week and just transfer back my NNID. My question pertaining to that is after I do the initial system transfer to attain cfw, I know that niether 3ds will be able to be logged into. Can we use them how we like, and then when I'm going to transfer my NNID back, can we both do NAND backups, wipe and transfer, sign in and then restore the NAND? Will it work like that?

Hopefully I explained that plainly.

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
Am I crazy or was there a quicker way to do new 3DS consoles before? I think it was a shortened method to get the otp and install al9h, was it removed because it was unstable or something?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I crazy or was there a quicker way to do new 3DS consoles before? I think it was a shortened method to get the otp and install al9h, was it removed because it was unstable or something?
It was removed because too many people reported that their consoles bricked with the OTPless method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...