Hacking Full Nand Restore Coming Soon to Hekate Mod

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Protip: wait for ctcaer's next release and THEN do a full nand backup, because it will have working verification that your backup is correct (his current versions have broken verification - edit: and that's not a sleight on him, no other versions have verification either).

Last edited by hippy dave,
Reactions: Bargy

Nasha004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Protip: wait for ctcaer's next release and THEN do a full nand backup, because it will have working verification that your backup is correct (his current versions have broken verification - edit: and that's not a sleight on him, no other versions have verification either).

Opening with hacdiskmount apparantly verifies that it’s working

xiaohei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Curious if I can restore a bricked switch from a nand backup from another switch on a higher firmware. Would like to use sd card to restore if possible since whenever I run memload and try to connect to pc using emmc it appears then dissapears.

Nasha004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Curious if I can restore a bricked switch from a nand backup from another switch on a higher firmware. Would like to use sd card to restore if possible since whenever I run memload and try to connect to pc using emmc it appears then dissapears.

Most likely not, while it may be possible one day with editing if you have your keys I believe. I have heard You can replace the part though.

Last edited by Nasha004,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It's about motherfucking time... We still need a way to write the full NAND back to the Wii U, by the way.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if anyone used sx os V1 the fuses have already been burnt fuse protection wasn't implemented until V1.1
I didn't use v1, started on v1.1, so yay!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Question though... Lets say we have made a backup NAND of 5.1.0, and OS v5.2.0 comes out and we update to v5.2.0... will restoring a v5.1.0 NAND backup blow fuses then? :unsure:

JK_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually really exited for this. I've been holding back on a lot of stuff I've wanted to try because I can't afford another Switch right now.

AceTartarSquad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I doubt this would work without issues.
Each full-raw emmc dump contains console certificates that identify a single machine. Restoring a different devices disk image would cause a hardware serial mismatch. Probably. I am not a switch doctor.

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The other day I made a backup using a 32sd card but since my Switch doesn't have the SD update I formatted the SD in fat32. The operation worked I think, it made the backup in about 14 parts. I have to merge them or they're good like this?

Reactions: Bargy

Gismo78

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The other day I made a backup using a 32sd card but since my Switch doesn't have the SD update I formatted the SD in fat32. The operation worked I think, it made the backup in about 14 parts. I have to merge them or they're good like this?

You can backup with exFat. ;)
(My firmware 3.0.0)

hekate supports exFAT formatted sd cards, but if you never downloaded the exFAT update, it will not work on horizon os or any homebrew.

Last edited by Gismo78,

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great news! Now only issue I see is if fuse info gets sent to Nintendo ever. Has anyone done any packet sniffing and found out yet if this info is sent? I don’t think it would be just due to the fact that new systems have less fuses burned

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question though... Lets say we have made a backup NAND of 5.1.0, and OS v5.2.0 comes out and we update to v5.2.0... will restoring a v5.1.0 NAND backup blow fuses then? :unsure:
Fuses will only be burnt if you boot up your Switch using their bootloader (i.e. basically turning it on normally). If you boot the Switch using either SX OS v1.2 or Hekate, they will not only bypass the fuse check but prevent fuses from being burnt. This is also why it is recommended to have AutoRCM installed because all it takes is one bootup without RCM for the fuses to be irreversibly burnt. Accidents can and do happen.

ganbare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I backed up my nand to exfat before manually installing exfat update to horizon on 4.1. I wish there was a walkthrough for this before I started, but it the process was so straightforward. It's these little details that could have been made more clear.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Say you used the method to upgrade without burning fuses (eg going from 1.0.0 to 5.1.0) will this be an alternative to doing it in reverse to undo it? What if you dump the current NAND that you have now, could you go back and forth between them with this?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say you used the method to upgrade without burning fuses (eg going from 1.0.0 to 5.1.0) will this be an alternative to doing it in reverse to undo it? What if you dump the current NAND that you have now, could you go back and forth between them with this?
A reminder that you can load any firmware with Hekate because it bypasses the fuse check entirely, but that defeats the purpose of loading a lower firmware because Hekate needs the Switch to be in RCM. To answer your question, yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure why, every other N64 game just runs fine with all kinds of enhancements but noooo KI...