Restore clean NAND step by step

toroloco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys, I have been playing online with stock firmware for the past 3 years (and I haven’t been banned), I usually remove the SD card when I want to play online and reboot the switch normally. Then when I want to test new games I go to hekate and select “launch” and then “emuMMC”. ( my switch is in airplane mode when I’m using EmuMMC)

Today I updated my switch via OFW to 16.0.2, so I just cleared the wifi settings and enabled airplane mode , then I rebooted the switch to hekate to create a backup of eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1 and RAW GPP and ran lockpick RCM to get the prod keys and title keys.

But I made a terrible mistake after updating atmosphere and hekate, instead of going to hekate and select “launch” and then EmuMMC , I went to payloads and ran fusee.bin, so after I saw that the switch rebooted into OFW I immediately removed the sd card but I still got an atmosphere error. My switch was in airplane mode, but I’m sure that the error message will be sent to N servers as soon as I go online.
I want to restore the nand , how should I do it? I don’t want to make another mistake.

1 - move all the rawnand.bin files and boot0 and boot1 to the restore folder

2- go to tools, restore EmuMMC > select eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1 and then select eMMC RAW GPP

Would that be it? Do I need the prod keys? I would appreciate any help

toroloco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So it’s not necessary to restore my nand… I think I’ve read somewhere that people have been banned for running atmosphere , so I was trying to avoid getting flagged. But in case that I want to restore it, is it safe to do it? Or it’s a last resource thing

Doneo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So it’s not necessary to restore my nand… I think I’ve read somewhere that people have been banned for running atmosphere , so I was trying to avoid getting flagged. But in case that I want to restore it, is it safe to do it? Or it’s a last resource thing

Correct me if im wrong, but If you launched Atmosphere the report shouldnt exist after a reboot with Atmosphere.

When Switch CFW was in its early development a package was created to remove the reports. This was known as nx-dreport.

Later this was added to Atmosphere as creport. Hopefully there isnt a report.

As for your question check the following resourses;
CFWWaifu Guide
ReEntry Guide (more recent)

EDIT: Just checked the atmosphere config files, the following line shows creport clears the reports automatically unless this line is edited although Im not sure if system_settings.ini needs to be present.

; Control whether erpt reports should always be preserved, instead of automatically cleaning periodically. ; disable_automatic_report_cleanup = u8!0x0

Last edited by Doneo,
Reactions: toroloco

toroloco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for helping me

As far as I know the creport file in Atmosphere is a crash report file that is generated when Atmosphere crashes or closes unexpectedly. This file contains detailed information about the error that occurred and can be useful for software developers to troubleshoot issues. The creport file is stored in the sd card in the /atmosphere/crash_reports/folder

As soon as I noticed that I was running on SysNAND I quickly removed the sd card but I got an atmosphere error showing a blue screen. So I’m guessing that my switch will be flagged once It reconnects to the internet.

So my question is, how risky is it to restore the NAND? Even if I have the files can they get corrupted somehow? Or I can just safely restore it and it will work without any issues…?
Post automatically merged:

It is okay if you have no pirated game on sysnand, since sysnand cfw share nand with ofw.
Even if I got an error because I removed the sd card? Wouldn’t that be stored in the error logs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over