Homebrew ftpii seems to not work no more

b2cool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had Ftpii working before and now it's not?

this is from filezilla

QUOTE said:
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Connection attempt failed with "ETIMEDOUT - Connection attempt timed out".
Error: Could not connect to server

And this is what Ftpii says.

DSC00061.jpg

Guys got any ideas how to fix this?

xitinhuS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Same here...
After installing HBC 1.0.7 I can't transfer files with FTPii.

I do not think I installed DVDx before and FTPii worked just fine...

Can I use Hackmii Installer 0.6 and install DVDx?
There is no incompatibility?

Can I brick my Wii doing this, since Hackmii Installer 0.7b doesn't have DVDx?
(I have a black wii on 4.2U)

Here is what shows in the screen:
Device inserted: Mounting Front SD...succeded.
Device inserted: Mounting USB storege device...failed.
Device inserted: Mounting DVD... (nothing here)
Mounting Wii disc image...succeded.
Mounting Wii disc filesystem...failed.
Mounting IS00660 filesystem... failed.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xitinhuS said:
Same here...
After installing HBC 1.0.7 I can't transfer files with FTPii.

I do not think I installed DVDx before and FTPii worked just fine...
.....FTPii 0.0.21 needs DVDx to be installed. For some reason the dependency is not limited to if you want DVD or USB access, it will fail on the FTP LIST command regardless.
QUOTE(xitinhuS @ Aug 3 2010, 06:35 AM) ......Can I use Hackmii Installer 0.6 and install DVDx?
There is no incompatibility?

Can I brick my Wii doing this, since Hackmii Installer 0.7b doesn't have DVDx?
(I have a black wii on 4.2U)
In order to re-install DVDx, you need to use the older HackMii installer v0.6. DVDx is not incompatible with the newer BootMii Beta 5 (v1.2) or the newer HBC (1.0.7). The reason DVDx was not included in the newer HackMii Installer v0.7 is that it is outdated and has had its functions replaced by HBC 1.0.7; except when dealing with older software like FTPii 0.0.21
wink.gif

Now, when flashing anything to your Wii's NAND there is always a chance to brick it. Other than the normal risks, re-installing DVDx is no more riskier. Keep in mind however, than if you have upgraded to System Menu 4.3, you will have to patch the System Menu using a program like Priiloader or Start Patch in order to defeat the DVDx detection and deletion "feature" Nintendo slipped in.

-[]D

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I also don't have DVDx installed and it works perfect! I'm using FileZilla to connect to ftpii.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
PPSainity said:
FTPii 0.0.21 needs DVDx to be installed. For some reason the dependency is not limited to if you want DVD or USB access, it will fail on the FTP LIST command regardless.

Seriously I use ftpii without DVDX installed. I launch it from HBC 1.06. Could it be working because I have a modchip installed?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
petspeed said:
PPSainity said:
FTPii 0.0.21 needs DVDx to be installed. For some reason the dependency is not limited to if you want DVD or USB access, it will fail on the FTP LIST command regardless.

Seriously I use ftpii without DVDX installed. I launch it from HBC 1.06. Could it be working because I have a modchip installed?

No, I don't have a modchip and it works from HBC 1.0.6 and 1.0.7. Ftpii need DVDx to access the wii keys (console key, common key,...) seeprom and i think the wii drive.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I haven't got a modchip, and updated HBC this morning, to the latest version, and I can still use FTPii, it works perfect..
So I guess HBC doesn't really break DVDx, or it's not needed for FTPii.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Take a look a look at the posted bug report concerning DVDx here (comment 3): Issue 95.

FIX94 said:
I also don't have DVDx installed and it works perfect! I'm using FileZilla to connect to ftpii.

petspeed said:

FIX94 said:
No, I don't have a modchip and it works from HBC 1.0.6 and 1.0.7. Ftpii need DVDx to access the wii keys (console key, common key,...) seeprom and i think the wii drive.

While I don't know why or how FTPii v0.0.21 could be working for you without DVDx, here are some things to consider:
  • You might have DVDx installed and not know it. You can confirm by using a utility like Any Title Deleter and checking the hidden channels section for the DVDX or DISK.
  • Some say if you are not using PASV FTP mode then FTPii 0.0.21 will still work for you without DVDx. I can't say, I haven't tested this particular case.
  • Dunno if a modchip may be able to function in lieu of DVDx, don't have one, can't test this case.
  • What version of FTPii are you running? Version 0.0.21?
QUOTE(agimann @ Aug 4 2010, 05:42 AM) it doesnt work for me either, after i updated to latest homebrew channel.. any solution? it always used to work for me.

QUOTE(wabsta @ Aug 4 2010, 05:45 AM)
I haven't got a modchip, and updated HBC this morning, to the latest version, and I can still use FTPii, it works perfect..
So I guess HBC doesn't really break DVDx, or it's not needed for FTPii.
The HackMii Installer v0.7, BootMii Beta 5 (v1.2) and HBC v1.07 have no issues with DVDx, nor will they uninstall it. you must specifically choose to uninstall DVDx in the new HackMii Installer v0.7 (or in any of the older installer versions for that matter) for it to have uninstalled. Keep in mind that System Menu 4.3 will delete DVDx if you have upgraded to it unless you patch it. If you can't get FTPii v0.0.21 to work after upgrading your System Menu to 4.3 or running the HackMii installer V0.7, re-install DVDx using the HackMii Installer v0.6 and patch your System Menu 4.3 to not delete it. Do that, and it should be fixed.

Post back your results.

-[]D

teyene

Trophies
XP
Country
I've had the same problem, but got ftpii to work again by changing the transfer mode in FileZilla from passive (or default) to active.

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just FYI...

While waiting for the ftpii being fixed/modified (changing to IOS58+AHBPROT), I am now using Wiixplorer (it has a similar ftp feature and has been already modified to allow the use of IOS58+AHBPROT within HBC 1.0.8) for transferring data from/to SD/USB on Wii to/from PC. And I did set the active mode as well and it works quite well.

myuuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
teyene said:
I've had the same problem, but got ftpii to work again by changing the transfer mode in FileZilla from passive (or default) to active.

lol it worked!! thank you
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok