Gaming From The Abyss

Batman55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know the game came out in Japan already, so can someone give some info on how good it is? I am looking forward to it, but it seems that no one else is talking about it. It got a 75 from IGN, and a 50 from Game Informer.

I just want a new game that has deep gameplay, because even though I have been having fun with Bangai-O and n+, I want an RPG.

timehawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Batman55 said:
I know the game came out in Japan already, so can someone give some info on how good it is? I am looking forward to it, but it seems that no one else is talking about it. It got a 75 from IGN, and a 50 from Game Informer.

I just want a new game that has deep gameplay, because even though I have been having fun with Bangai-O and n+, I want an RPG.

I'm curious about it too. I really want a fun multiplayer game. Also looking at Gauntlet.
All I can say is... look at some trailers, its all I have seen that shows gameplay :/.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried out the (J) version, and first impressions were decent. It's a dungeon crawler with Mana-inspired sprites (which I like). Gameplay seemed pretty good, but not quite as crisp as it should be. I'm guessing the story isn't all that deep.

I'll definitely give it a try when it comes out next week, but I'm not expecting greatness. Hopefully it will be a pleasant surprise.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I played through the entire game. The gameplay is addicting because you keep getting new skills and level up, and it is paced very quickly. Unfortunately it's a very easy and repetitive game. I never ran out of money and I never once had any issues killing anything including bosses.

Don't expect anything deep from this game, just a very very basic Diablo clone which is a bit on the easy side. If you are planning to buy it in stores I'd say you may want to wait til it's a little cheaper.

Also, the story is really not important in this game, so you may as well play it in Japanese. If you want a deep RPG try out Etrian Odyssey.

svnelvn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't understand the multiplayer, so it only lets you play the maps that you have already gone through?
in other words you can't finish the game together with multiplayer but you have to finish the maps first before you can play it with your friends?

this game could be so much more fun if it lets you play the entire game fresh through like a multiplayer game

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It feels like a bare-bones hack and slash,granted I only played thru the first dungeon so can only hope it gets alittle better later in the game.....

benneto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I’m playing this game at the moment it satisfied my urge to play a hack and slash since that’s basically what it is.

The addictive part of the game is levelling up and stealing abilities from monsters since I am the type of person who wants to get every ability going (even though I use a Spear I still want the axe abilities lol).

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this game actually is pretty fun, mildly challenging depending on how you play. Though it is your basic hack-and-slash game where you mash the A button, it hasn't been bad for the most part~!

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
It looks like a decent game, nothing too good, but not bad at all.....GBA had more than few games like this one, and it's a great fun for me..

My first impression was Etrian Odyssey (town and story of dungeons) mixed with Children of mana. Fun if you play with people, like FFCC. Not very challenging but worth trying.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a shame about the lack of wifi, though. That would have made it a great game. I mean, the GBA had a lot of games like this already -- why not take advantage of the one really important feature that the DS adds to that?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah, I'm really curious, why so many games actually don't implement WiFi feature...is it that hard, or what?!
All games would be slightly if not much more better with WiFi co-op. playing, Battles, Racing, Trading, Chatting and similar stuff..

Especially RPG, there is really big area of possibilities for developers to do..

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the thing is, wifi requires 24/7 servers running which costs money.
so if the games aren't certain to earn enough money they can't afford to add wifi, only local multiplayer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D