Hacking from 3.4 to x.x to install homebrew?

wiinerdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys!
newb here. yay, i feel the love.
hate2.gif

neway, i have a new wii here, mario kart wii and a 3.4 update (eek).

so after doing some initial readings this afternoon, i want to install the homebrew channel.

sounds like i should go to 3.2 rather than 3.3 and stay at 3.2. i've seen a lot of tutorials for taking a 3.3 newb to where i need to go, but i'm hoping for something similar for a 3.4 newb.

lecture.gif

is the tp hack necessary for that bootmii thing?
wiibrew's website is down right now, hope that isn't permanent.
frown.gif

thanks!

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
thawkins1 said:
that tutorial is awesome... i recommend it.. i just did it on a friends wii... i could've done it myself but that tutorial simplified everything for me... puts me all the utilities i need in one place... and made me clear on what to do without fear i might screw something... so thanks EmperorOfCanada
smile.gif

wiinerdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
Lol. Does that mean your not going to? Do you HAVE a copy of Zelda, and/or an SD card? If not, go hop in the car and I'll see you when you get back from best buy
happy.gif

waiting for it to come in the mail. argh!
i do have an sd card. it's 4gb, hope that won't be a problem.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiinerdog said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
Lol. Does that mean your not going to? Do you HAVE a copy of Zelda, and/or an SD card? If not, go hop in the car and I'll see you when you get back from best buy
happy.gif

Wii only supports

wiinerdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zerof said:
wiinerdog said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
happy.gif

Wii only supports

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiinerdog said:
zerof said:
wiinerdog said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
happy.gif

Wii only supports

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Identifying Compatible SD Cards

Not all SD Cards are compatible with the Wii console. Please read the following:

The Wii console is only compatible with SD Cards that are 2 GB (Gigabyte) or less. Cards with a capacity higher than 2 GB will likely not work with the Wii console.

SD Cards with a slow speed may experience slow transfer time when loading files, or may not work at all. Slow transfer times can also occur with SD Cards that have a great number of files on them.

While any SD Card with the above specifications may work, Nintendo has licensed specific SD Cards for use with the Wii console. You can identify these cards by the Nintendo Seal on the packaging of the SD Card. The following is a list of known licensed SD Cards and their manufacturers.

Source: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...ds.jsp#purchase

I guess the problem is with SDHC.

wiinerdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zerof said:
QUOTE said:

Not all SD Cards are compatible with the Wii console. Please read the following:

The Wii console is only compatible with SD Cards that are 2 GB (Gigabyte) or less. Cards with a capacity higher than 2 GB will likely not work with the Wii console.

SD Cards with a slow speed may experience slow transfer time when loading files, or may not work at all. Slow transfer times can also occur with SD Cards that have a great number of files on them.

While any SD Card with the above specifications may work, Nintendo has licensed specific SD Cards for use with the Wii console. You can identify these cards by the Nintendo Seal on the packaging of the SD Card. The following is a list of known licensed SD Cards and their manufacturers.

hmm. well, i just read a bunch of things that say the same thing. 2gb is the limit with SD unless you fill it up with junk/have enough data leaving under 2gb free. A lot of 4gb cards are much faster than 2gb cards.
still, i'm not sure why mine works, it has 3.8gb free.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiinerdog said:
zerof said:
QUOTE said:

hmm. well, i just read a bunch of things that say the same thing. 2gb is the limit with SD unless you fill it up with junk/have enough data leaving under 2gb free. A lot of 4gb cards are much faster than 2gb cards.
still, i'm not sure why mine works, it has 3.8gb free.

That's straight from the maker of wii.
wink.gif

Is your sd card sdhc?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night