Homebrew FretFury

Moonlite

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
here a menu i made but im not sure what on them so here is the first menu - only the touch screens

menu1fe5.jpg

heres the second. im not sure whats on it so i only put songs

menu2gl8.jpg

and heres the song list but im not sure how you get the names in so i left it blank

menu3li3.jpg

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank for the menus but, did you use paint? To be honest it looks too plain, I'm sorry but, the letters coming out of box looks kind of ugly... Maybe if you fix it up and center the last one, but if you wish to use it for your skin please tell me, we will all make our own. I finally got my laptop, and I'm getting the files so I'll help more often.

Moonlite

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lostsoul5673 said:
Thank for the menus but, did you use paint? To be honest it looks too plain, I'm sorry but, the letters coming out of box looks kind of ugly... Maybe if you fix it up and center the last one, but if you wish to use it for your skin please tell me, we will all make our own. I finally got my laptop, and I'm getting the files so I'll help more often.

k naw i think ill go with anything i was just bored

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sleep.gif
Not to disappoint you but Star Power will probably not be put in. And don't save as .jpg on paint, it fucks up the quality badly. So make your skin and stuff, we'll tell you but one note:

IT IS NOT ANYWHERE CLOSE TO BEING DONE SO SKINS WON'T REALLY BE PUT IN YET!!!

Moonlite

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lostsoul5673 said:
sleep.gif
Not to disappoint you but Star Power will probably not be put in. And don't save as .jpg on paint, it fucks up the quality badly. So make your skin and stuff, we'll tell you but one note:

IT IS NOT ANYWHERE CLOSE TO BEING DONE SO SKINS WON'T REALLY BE PUT IN YET!!!

k thats fine im just bored and if you ever make a version with SP youll have itthe skin

what program should i use to make the skin?

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Paint is still okay if you know what you are doing, like save it as a .PNG, that's the extension I always use. I'm hard at work looking for everything I had on the other computer so I can start it.

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really like it when people dis paint. It is a very useful program that I always use. I used paint and only paint to make the guitar and buttons I have already submitted. Oh and yes, pics should be saved as .bmp. That keeps the quality the same without messing up the colors.

I think I'm done for today. Please continue to tell me what I need to make. I will check back tomorrow. Thanks.

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's okay as I said, if you know how to use it.

Okay thanks, you don't always have to be working penguindefender, but I do...
sleep.gif

waah... I still can't build it still does that... I'll try again...
frown.gif

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd say we need to get strumming too, which is key...

waah, it keeps doing that same error! I'll work on it and post later if I make a small update so you can see.

wazmo

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
We need to work on the note flow (Like making them come down the board) before anything.

yes i highly agree. the strumming is still important but we cant even REALLY test the strumming unless we have a note flow. I've been looking into making a note flow but havent been able to find much because I've been really busy all day.I might not be here at all tommorrow (exept for maybe tommorrow night)
yaynds.gif

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, my cousins, again...
sleep.gif
will be here all week and maybe next since of the flood. But still, I'll try and get something done tomorrow!
yaynds.gif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made notes, the fretboard, and a song select menu: Click Here

And do you guys think in FretFury you could make an option to use up,down,left,right or A,B,X,Y instead of the guitar grip, for people with slot-2 flashcards

wazmo

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
I made notes, the fretboard, and a song select menu

great sprites!! i'll definatly use them!!

QUOTE said:
And do you guys think in FretFury you could make an option to use up,down,left,right or A,B,X,Y instead of the guitar grip, for people with slot-2 flashcards

probably but once again not until a later version.

I probably not be here for the rest of today but i might be back tonight. keep up the good work!
yaynds.gif

oh and i got an excellent reply on PAlib concerning strumming. heres the strumming code he gave me CODE
// pixel # means pixel number

if (
((Stylus.X > pixel #)&&(Stylus.Y > pixel #))
&&
((Stylus.X < pixel #)&&(Stylus.Y < pixel #)&&(GHPad.Held.Green))
) {
ASLib_SoundQuickPlay(YourSoundHere);
}

you can see the original post here http://forum.palib.info/index.php?topic=5334.0 I'll try this code once i get the chance to.

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are really good note sprites. At first I thought they were ripped (which is a good thing), but then I compared the sprites with the originals. I don't know how you made them, but they look really great. Keep up the good work.

Also, I do not think that we should be using any ripped sprites (not aimed at you, 12345678910). Personally, I think that it detracts from the homebrew feel of the game. If we make all of the sprites (guitars, menus, and everything else) by hand, I believe that it will look much better.

If I remember correctly lostsoul5673 said that he wasn't going to use moonlite's rock meter sprite. If I have time today, I will submit one. I don't know if you are going to implement star power or not, so I will just hold off on making a star power bar. I think that star power is not needed. FoF does not have it and it is still fun.

This will be the last day that I can help until Sunday afternoon (I have to work). I would really like to know what sprites need to be done next. In fact we should make a list of any and all sprites that need to be made.

One last thing. I noticed that the pics I have submitted thus far contain minor (but noticeable) imperfections due to the image hosting site. Would it be okay if I emailed all pics I create to wazmo or lostsoul5673? That way you don't have any subpar sprites just because of the way I transfer them.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question...

I see people making the sprites for the Green, Blue, Red buttons atc, but what about a sprite for the flames that pop up when you hit the note. Like flames come out of the button when you hit it. Just wondering if you guy's thought about that or someones in the process of making it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c