OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.crazyska.com
XP
Country
United States
I was just using my acekard 2i which i got on wednesday. I had loaded a ROM and half way threw the "training" it froze. I restarted and its working fine now. Is this normal?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not so much 'normal' as 'expected'...
The AceKard has a thinner PCB (Printed Circuit Board) than other cards including that of retail games. This doesn't cause too much of a problem on new DS/DSLites, but on older systems and DSi's (which have a wider slot) it can cause contact issues.

Scroll down to Step 12 here:
http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...up-your-acekard

I prefer cutting a piece of paper about the size of the contacts and slipping it under the PCB.
This keeps the paper hidden and always in place so you don't have to worry about losing it or it getting crumpled or torn or stuck -- also looks a hell of a lot better.

lompoc

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
send it back to store wich you bought it lot of stores saleing bunk acekard2i mine is first made so its best .............................buy a dstwo wich i want one to play arcade

CrazySka

The Original Ska
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.crazyska.com
XP
Country
United States
lompoc said:
send it back to store wich you bought it lot of stores saleing bunk acekard2i mine is first made so its best .............................buy a dstwo wich i want one to play arcade

No mine is a real acekard. I went to the site there was a sticker on it to peel off and go to the site and put in the code to verfiy it was real and it was. I mean I haven't had any problems since the one freezing. It was when i was playing Advance Wars Day of Recon.... But its been working fine since So I dunno. I was curious cause im using a 8gig micro SDHC card and have about 40 roms on it lol

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CrazySka said:
lompoc said:

No mine is a real acekard. I went to the site there was a sticker on it to peel off and go to the site and put in the code to verfiy it was real and it was. I mean I haven't had any problems since the one freezing. It was when i was playing Advance Wars Day of Recon.... But its been working fine since So I dunno. I was curious cause im using a 8gig micro SDHC card and have about 40 roms on it lol
Ignore lompoc, he's an idiot troll who think's he's some big hotshot in the DS Scene (but doesn't know what the hell he's talking about).

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It doesn't happen to some models of course, that was a generalization.

It's never happened to me either.

But it doesn't happen on the Actel chipped genuine models, that's for sure. And before anyone goes "BUT THE ACTEL CHIPPED ONES ARE CLONES" remember that Acekard's original 2i had an Actel chip.

lompoc

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think im anything===========================troll is you did a midget before thats how you made the name troll========its real cart but contacks wont work good with some acekard2i carts. had mine for 2 years now and works good hope you get it to work? now we know how you made that name troll truth is out there and ufo.s

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lompoc said:
i dont think im anything===========================troll is you did a midget before thats how you made the name troll========its real cart but contacks wont work good with some acekard2i carts. had mine for 2 years now and works good hope you get it to work? now we know how you made that name troll truth is out there and ufo.s

What.

The.

Fuck.

This post just effectively erased most, if not all, hope I had for the future of the scene.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lompoc said:
Wow...What? Not one ounce of that post made sense
wtf.gif
Even Google translate makes more sense
blink.gif

But yeah, I'd say it's due to the build quality.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lompoc said:
You make me worry about the intelligence of humanity. I didn't make sense out of anything you said.
And fix your abysmal grammar/spelling/typing skills.

On-topic: It's not normal, but it's common. You can try the paper trick, which has been successful for me for the most part.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lompoc said:
lompoc is just an idiot troll who thinks he's a bigshot in the DS Scene, but doesn't know what he's talking about and makes nonsensical posts (seriously, check the post history... it's not long).

Oh wait, I already said that here...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun