WIP Freebird - Switch Clock Speed Control Sysmodule

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by JK_, Feb 5, 2019.

1. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    those same people will be the ones whining and bitching the loudest when their switch dies prematurely from overclocking it too high.

2. Niko_of_Death

Niko_of_Death Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2016
    United States
    If that's the case then why allow up to 768 when handheld + charging? Does the cooling change when charging?

3. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Cooling isn't the concern. The cooling can handle 1785mhz CPU + 921mhz GPU +1600mhz MEM without issue

4. SaffronXL

SaffronXL The Grand Galactic Inquisitor

Nov 17, 2016
    United States
    No, but the battery is more susceptible to thermal wear when it's under load.

5. crow132

crow132 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2016
    Saint Helena
    how are coding and common sense related?
    I agree at that, thats why I talk about the warning message... still, is plain sad for people to act like that

6. p-sam

p-sam Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2019
    France
    Releases ship with the logic by default, the code is open source, if you want to remove it just compile it for yourself. If you can understand that, you can also understand the battery strain is higher, and the cap is there to prevent damage from it, a warning is not and never was enough, and people would come back whining eventually. And that's how "coding" (removing 2 lines and typing `make`) and common sense are related.

ZachyCatGames and Khodeus like this.
  7. crow132

crow132 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2016
    Saint Helena
    I understand your point and respect your decission, still find that completly unrelated.

I probably can't remove those 2 lines and type make, and still I never went further than 460 mhz in handheld using freebird, and if I did, it was for testing and for a very short period of time

Is impossible to please everyone, thats why we have alternatives, I respect sys-clk's point, even if it's not the right one for me.

Last edited by crow132, Jun 21, 2019
  8. p-sam

p-sam Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2019
    France
    If you never went past the cap, I don't understand your point on the cap either

jringo718 likes this.
  9. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    @p-sam do you know if OC can be applied to a homebrew app, through title override? I know it's possible in RetroArch but other apps like GZDoom ignore OC settings, which shouldn't be the case (?), at least it doesn't happen with freebird.

10. p-sam

p-sam Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2019
    France
    (Please ask any of that stuff on the sys-clk thread instead next time, i don't want to clutter JKSV's Freebird thread with more irrelevant infos for him)
    I've heard another person mention it, i don't see any reason why hb not touching anything would interfere, and how it's diff, on his case i wasnt able to reproduce the problem, right now we have our hands full with the next version (° ͜ʖ °)

Assasin1990 and cucholix like this.
  11. mrcroket

mrcroket Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2018
    Spain
    I don't think that 5XXmhz preset its dangerous, because its just a bit more than 460mhz that even nintendo use officially on some new games like mortal kombat, and nintendo its very conservative with cpu/gpu clock. Also the fan not even spin fast, indeed its more quieter than the cpu oc to 1,75ghz.

12. goncalodoom

goncalodoom GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    Portugal
    portugal
    Working fine on 8.1.0

Last edited by goncalodoom, Jun 23, 2019
    Khodeus likes this.
  13. Bongsa

Bongsa Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2019
    Germany
    Which Version are you using?

14. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Can you post the file?

15. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Guys, use the build from this quote, just tried in 8.1.0 and it works :)

If you have problems with Switch logo or black screen stuck after injecting payload via PC, try boot atmosphere normally without freebird sys module, transfer it via ftp then restart to payload.

linuxares likes this.
  16. wengchuyao

wengchuyao Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2019
    China
    兄弟,你会更新这个插件吗?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Brother, will you update this plugin?

17. leafeon34

leafeon34 Expecto Patronum!

Suspended
    Sep 30, 2014
    United Kingdom
    AzkaBANNED.
    OP is pretty busy right now, we don't know when he'll have time to update this.

OP现在很忙,不知道他什么时候有空可以更新这个软件

Last edited by leafeon34, Jul 8, 2019
  18. wengchuyao

wengchuyao Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2019
    China
    [QUOTE =“leafeon34,post:8707523,member:354549”] OP现在很忙,我们不知道他什么时候有时间更新这个。

OP现在很忙,不知道他什么时候有空可以更新这个软件[/ QUOTE]
    ok.Thank you

19. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Dont know if it has been mentioned, but if you are in a Game, and you want to use Cheats or want to go into EdiZon, or the Homebrew Menu in general, this will crash the System.
    Load up Game
    Press Home
    Go to Album, Hold R and Attempt to Load Homebrew Menu.
    Atmosphere will Crash giving a Error Report.

Got this when I found the Reicast (Alpha) Emulator. Came with it, but it is Version 0.92 (Private)

wengchuyao likes this.
  20. LightBeam

LightBeam GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2018
    France
    Yeah I first thought it was a problem with atmosphere but I had the same
    After some testing I found out that it only crash with my cartridges games
    After some time, dunno why, it even crashed when I didn't had any game launched, the only to launch the hb menu was to use an nsp
    Deleting the title on the atmosphere folder fixed it so yeah, Freebird is causing that