Freebird - Switch Clock Speed Control Sysmodule

This is a sysmodule/service for Atmosphere and ReiNX that uses IPC's to communicate with its companion NRO, Freeset. This allows you to use any clock speed I've found on the Switch. The only restriction I have put in place is that you must be plugged into an official charger or docked if you are crazy enough to want to use the highest two GPU clock speeds. I am leaving it completely up to you to choose what clock speeds you want to use. Be careful.

2019070911351400-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

Intructions:
  • Atmosphere: Copy over the contents of the zip and reboot your system to load the module. Open Freeset and use that to send over the clock speeds you want.
  • ReiNX: Create a folder in your ReiNX folder named titles if there isn't one. Copy the titles folder from the atmosphere folder to ReiNX/titles. Open "010000000000C235" and move the boot2.flag to the same directory as the exefs.nsp file. Reboot and freebird should now be working on ReiNX.

X turns freebird's clock setting feature on and off. Remember to turn this off before putting your system to sleep. I'm working on it™, but it will cause and require you to fully shutdown and restart your Switch if accidentally left on. When on, freebird will check and set the clocks if they don't match what you choose. When turned off, your clock speeds will be reset and no longer forced.

A sends over the clock speeds shown/chosen from the menu. Up and down change the currently selected option, left and right change speed.

If I missed anything, don't be afraid to ask. I'm open to suggestions too.

I'd like to thank @taggen86, @nabelo, @mathew77, @vanraz86, and @Kirby567fan for taking the chances and testing it. Thanks guys!

Download link: https://gbatemp.net/download/freebird.35566/

Last edited by JK_,

afra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
I have black screen when I load freebird app from homebrew and nothing happens

CFW : ReinX 7.0.0
Auto RCM on

afra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
I have black screen when I load freebird app from homebrew and nothing happens

CFW : ReinX 7.0.0
Auto RCM on

Didn't move that file to same folder …

it's okay now thank you so much for awesome JOB :bow::bow::hrth:

skinnyBIGGS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thats awesome great job.. kinda like the ps vita .. overclocking speeds improved drafon quest builders BIGTIME.. so im sure this would benefit certain games its just which ones ...? I havent noticed any slowdown on zelda botw or any other gsme for that matter.. but im sure some could use the boost..

If theres a working media player i can see this helping out more so then for theswitch games... cant wait to test..

Thanks again

maddenmike95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll update it as soon as I can guys. If you just want 8+ support asap, you can pick up a newer testing version here. There might be a bug or two though, and it has no way of handling boost mode at the moment.

Thank you, it's working fine for me on 8.0.1

ecl0674

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Test version crash the system when you start game, then minimize, then open homebrew launcher. Its happens for not all games, example: Sniper Elite V2, its works fine. Yes, you can setup overclock before launching game, but...
JK_, thank you so much for this hard work! Best app! I hope you can fix that issue in new versions.

Reactions: Nastas95

Smd4420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran into a similar issue with just opening the HomeBrew launcher after updating to 8.0.1 on ReNIX. Haven't tried the lasted Freebird yet. In regards to boost mode will freebird just overwrite the "boost clocks" with user settings?

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran into a similar issue with just opening the HomeBrew launcher after updating to 8.0.1 on ReNIX. Haven't tried the lasted Freebird yet. In regards to boost mode will freebird just overwrite the "boost clocks" with user settings?
Yes, the current test version will overwrite boost mode. I think I already wrote code so it doesn't though.

Sorry guys. I haven't had much time to work on it lately. The last time I did have time, someone popped up and asked me about dumping BCAT for Pokemon wondercards and I got sidetracked.

Mike_77712

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overclocked CPU to 2x higher than it was before and launched Assassins Creed 3 but it keeps crashing me into hekate a little bit into the beginning load screens even when the clock is back to normal. Guessing i have to reinstall Assassin's Creed :(?

EDIT: It started working again after deleting freebird's switch and atmosphere folder

EDIT x2: After placing new freebird folders from the rar onto my sd Assassin's Creed starts crashing again. without opening even freebird this time

Last edited by Mike_77712,

islishe

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have been playing Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice with overclock and I'm getting some calibration problems with the battery. It shuts down at 35%. Any solution?

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that if u cannot continue the work on this program u can/will release the necessary stuff for someone to take over and continue this killer app u got here. Would be A shame for it to fall by the wayside. Idk what u would need to release but that would be cool of u to keep this goin.

Reactions: Assasin1990

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1