WIP Freebird - Switch Clock Speed Control Sysmodule

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by JK_, Feb 5, 2019.

1. ultimatepump

ultimatepump GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2004
    Because I feel like it. Where does it say I can't ask a question about the tool on SXOS?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Dude, do you mean to say that non SXOS users are using this tool and others on Atmosphere or other loaders are NOT using backups? This whole site contributes to piracy. I ask a question in later pages of this thread about any updates for SXOS out of curiosity, and the SXOS Hate Police have to put their 2 cents in.

2. cyndor

cyndor GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2018
    United States
    The reason he told you go to ask on the tx forums is because you CANNOT load custom sysmodules with SX OS. Much in the same way you cannot get a couch in a hardware store.

Asking for updates here will get you nowhere.

Last edited by cyndor, Apr 25, 2019
    Assasin1990 and SaffronXL like this.
  3. ultimatepump

Feb 9, 2004
    You answered my question simply and perfectly. Thank you.

Assasin1990 likes this.
  4. tomi1578

tomi1578 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2018
    Israel
    tx deliberately blocks tools like this to protect they're cfw from being cracked so yeah you should ask them not us

ultimatepump likes this.
  5. ultimatepump

Feb 9, 2004
    I'm going to try Atmosphere. Do I still need to use a dongle? Or the joycon rail slider?

6. Cencil

Cencil GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2016
    Canada
    Seriously? You realize how ridiculous that sounds...right?

This is the Switch Homebrew forum, not Switch Atmosphere and ReiNX forum :rofl2:

7. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    The fact is, it's the homebrew forum & no homebrew developer supports sx. All sx questions need to be asked on the sx forum, not here. Gbatemp is not customer support for TX. You are paying for sxos, therefore you need to get your support from TX.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It's not sxos hate police. It's the fact that no one here is affiliated with TX. No one knows what TX will do. There are no TX developers here. If you have a question about TX supporting something on sxos then you need to go ask the TX people, not the open source people.

Assasin1990 and Khodeus like this.
  8. Cencil

Cencil GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2016
    Canada
    I think it's silly to assume everyone pays for sxos ;) But I get your point. It still isn't unjustified to ask questions regarding any CFW in this forum though.

Assasin1990 likes this.
  9. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    I get what you're saying. I just think that instead of asking questions here, like sxos overclocking, people should ask on the TX forums. That way it shows TX that people are interested in specific homebrew, and TX may implement it in their os.

Cencil likes this.
  10. crow132

crow132 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2016
    Saint Helena
    yeah, unless you have autorcm

dongle is needed to send the payload (or a pc)

if im not mistaken sx loader allows you to load other payloads, just load atmosphere from there

ultimatepump likes this.
  11. crow132

crow132 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2016
    Saint Helena
    Question, just saw atms 0.8.9 update, the changelog mention this:

• fatal now uses the 8.0.0+ clkrst API, instead of silently failing to adjust clock rates on that firmware version
    should this fix freebird on 8.0.0 +??

sry about my ignorance

12. greveldinges

greveldinges Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    Was asking myself the same thing.

13. JK_
    OP

JK_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    No, 8.0.0 removed the pcv commands Freebird originally used and added a service called clkrst. Freebird and Freeset need to be updated to use both for complete compatibility before it'll work again. I started writing a c file for it after Switchbrew was updated with the info, but never got to finish it. Now that it's pulled into libnx itself, it shouldn't be difficult to add.

Edit: It's working on 8.0.0+ now. Since the new IPC stuff is a lot easier to use and add to, I've added a second service to the module itself. In the future, if Nintendo decides to do something like this again, Freeset will now totally depend on Freebird for clock speed info. So, all I will have to do is change the module. Little to no work will be needed on the GUI side. Also, still some small issues. Gotta get those worked out first.

Last edited by JK_, Apr 27, 2019
    cucholix, nabelo, Assasin1990 and 4 others like this.
  14. Sosainas

Sosainas GBAtemp Regular

Dec 30, 2014
    Is sleep mode still broken with Freebird?

15. Dichotomy754

Dichotomy754 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2018
    United States
    I mean, you could just read through the thread, but to be fair the op could also use an edit. As far as I'm aware the latest version has no issues with sleep mode.

16. Assasin1990

Assasin1990 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2014
    Moldova
    ams 0.8.7 ,firmware 6.2.0 ,latest posted freebird
    works like a charm here.

17. MeteK
    This message by MeteK has been removed from public view by gamesquest1, Apr 27, 2019, Reason: requested.
    Apr 27, 2019
  18. shedeus

shedeus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2018
    United States
    Freebird is not title specific so I don't think there's any way to do that.
    sys-clk will give you that functionality however.

19. Live4ever1

Live4ever1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2019
    United Kingdom
    @JK_ just wondering how the work is going on releasing a 8.0.1 supported Freebird?

20. mrcroket

mrcroket Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2018
    Spain
    Wonder how the official cpu boost on loads screens that nintendo added on 8.0.1 fw that push cpu at 1.75ghz for short periods will be affected by freebirds oc.

Last edited by mrcroket, May 1, 2019
  21. JK_
    OP

JK_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    Good point. I should do something about that. The way it is, Freebird will see it and set it back unless it's set to system control.

mrcroket likes this.