Gaming Free Donkey Kong Offer on Club Nintendo

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought "ok cool, I plan on getting sticker star anyway." Then I read it's only for ppl who buy from eshop. Damn you nintendo! Some ppl still want their physical boxart, manual and most importantly the physical copy of the game that they can trade in if they want. This is a great bonus though for those that are cool with getting the digital copy.

Jesus christ, there are other games on there like Art Academy or Crossword Plus.
Maybe I should've elaborated...
There's nothing worth a fuck to me on that list but one thing. Sticker star. And I want the physical copy.
Art academy can be had for cheap in bargain bin or free. And crossword plus? Are u fing serious? That garbage will end up for purchase with coins on club-N some day and I still won't want it.
I'd just buy this version of dk outright before buying that shit. /clarification

Kuroko Shirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
There's something wrong with this so-called download only from e-shop.

As you can see, Prof. Layton is a retail only game, aka no digital download.

So, how is this qualified? :P

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's something wrong with this so-called download only from e-shop.

As you can see, Prof. Layton is a retail only game, aka no digital download.

So, how is this qualified? :P

:blink: pretty certain somewhere down the line Nintendo said they was chucking it up on the e-shop come launch day

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Give it a couple of months and it Donkey Kong will just be available on the eShop for the standard price, just like that enhanced version of Kid Icarus. I'd rather do that than have to pay more from the shop, for a more restricted console-only copy of Paper Mario.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
taxidriver.gif

Bravo Tempers, you've some how made getting free shit with a game look like a bad thing.
More like pointed out the downsides that go along with following their conditions. There is nothing wrong with that. If you want to get the eShop version for some strange reason, then this would be a good deal, but there are some major downsides to it.

Major downsides such as being free with a purchase, including an additional level, a restore point option and portability? I can not find a single darn thing that is bad about this.

I assume the majority of your argument is the requirement to get the game. But if this weren't a digital download and was simply a "Buy one, get one free" deal at a retail store, no one would complain. They'd be cheering "Yay! Free Stuff!"

Sometimes I think people on GBAtemp are just looking for a reason to complain about everything...

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
taxidriver.gif

Bravo Tempers, you've some how made getting free shit with a game look like a bad thing.
More like pointed out the downsides that go along with following their conditions. There is nothing wrong with that. If you want to get the eShop version for some strange reason, then this would be a good deal, but there are some major downsides to it.

Major downsides such as being free with a purchase, including an additional level, a restore point option and portability? I can not find a single darn thing that is bad about this.

I assume the majority of your argument is the requirement to get the game. But if this weren't a digital download and was simply a "Buy one, get one free" deal at a retail store, no one would complain. They'd be cheering "Yay! Free Stuff!"

Sometimes I think people on GBAtemp are just looking for a reason to complain about everything...
You clearly didn't read my post at all then.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/335276-free-donkey-kong-offer-on-club-nintendo/page__view__findpost__p__4408676
It's all about digital vs physical.

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I'll pick this up with Layton 5! And maybe with Paper Mario 4 again if I had another 3DS.
Was it really that hard to edit the cement factory level back in to the NES rom?
Maybe I should just play it inside Donkey Kong 64 again.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This offer is awful. I wouldn't buy any of these games just to get another game made over 30 years ago. I hope that some day Nintendo releases another good 3DS title. The last game I got was Kid Icarus, which was fantastic. I just want Monster Hunter 3D already dammit. I'll pass on all these games for now. Hopefully there will be some nice 3DS games once the WiiU launches, but until then, my 3DS is just a streetpass machine...unless anyone can lemme know a recent 3DS game that is worth buying :D

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the hell does it take them 3-4 weeks to email you a download code? I would think they could send you a code once the eshop game is registered in your CN account.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This offer is awful. I wouldn't buy any of these games just to get another game made over 30 years ago. I hope that some day Nin8tendo releases another good 3DS title. The last game I got was Kid Icarus, which was fantastic. I just want Monster Hunter 3D already dammit. I'll pass on all these games for now. Hopefully there will be some nice 3DS games once the WiiU launches, but until then, my 3DS is just a streetpass machine...unless anyone can lemme know a recent 3DS game that is worth buying :D
because you can totally already tell that these games which aren't yet released are terrible, right?

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This offer is awful. I wouldn't buy any of these games just to get another game made over 30 years ago. I hope that some day Nin8tendo releases another good 3DS title. The last game I got was Kid Icarus, which was fantastic. I just want Monster Hunter 3D already dammit. I'll pass on all these games for now. Hopefully there will be some nice 3DS games once the WiiU launches, but until then, my 3DS is just a streetpass machine...unless anyone can lemme know a recent 3DS game that is worth buying :D
because you can totally already tell that these games which aren't yet released are terrible, right?

Crossword Plus- casual
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask- Another LAyton game? Really?
Paper Mario Sticker Star- shit,
Art Academy- casual
Style Savvy- For women Ergo super casual

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
The lst time I saw an offer like this was Kid Icarus...worked out well for me. Or rather for my partner, since she got the Toad special edition 3DS off me. For free, as well. Bad form for this being so small scale by comparison, Nintendo.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

I have that gut feeling that I will not like them from the trailers I've watched. I've been too disappointed by 3DS games thus far to hope they will be great :(

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have that gut feeling that I will not like them from the trailers I've watched. I've been too disappointed by 3DS games thus far to hope they will be great :(
I guess we've jus had different experiences, then. I've only owned a handful of 3DS games, but most of them have impressed me. Games like Kid Icarus: Uprising and Ocarina of Time 3D are the best of the best, imo, Super Mario 3D Land was really a fun game (even though a tad too easy for the "Main" quest), and games like Mario Kart 7 and Street Fighter 3D were great multiplayer experiences. Plus, a bunch of those eShop games are really good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo