Fraud site

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ghork, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2010

Fraud site by Ghork at 4:44 PM (833 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Ghork
    OP

Member Ghork GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    (link removed)

When I saw this I just felt, oh my god what a bastard...
    I think if possible should stop this, note how many free things he tries to earn money on...

"YOU DON'T ever need a copy of Zelda: Twilight Princess* for Wii - or any other game for that matter - which saves you cash!"

you don't need that anymore anyway...
    and...
    "...BUT because I'm really excited about the launch, I'll cut the price even further and give you a 50% DISCOUNT ! That means if you purchase today you'll pay the super-low, deeply discounted price of just $29.97."

isn't zelda below that price nowadays? at least below that price before the "50% discount"

Sure the site might scream scam and untrustworthy stuff all over it but I'd still be afraid someone will fall for that...

"So, if you are one of the next 77 48 people to take me up on this offer, you'll receive ALL of these 7 "Must Have" Wii Apps worth over $200 absolutely FREE!"

since when are those worth over $200?

anything more to do than let the people notice themselves when they update the homebrew channel? (in case they get that of course)

2. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    umm... there are a lot of sites like that. Hombreware comes to mind right now...

3. Bunie

Member Bunie #1 Princess

United States
    People are stupid enough to fall for it, too.
    its like people dont realize the point of modding is to be able to do more, for free.

"Play games for free? Is that something i have to pay for?"

4. Dust2dust

Member Dust2dust GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    If someone is not skilled enough to use Google and find gbatemp instead of these scam sites, and is stupid enough to bite on the hook, he probably has too much money and needs to waste some of it. [​IMG]

Edit: I was reading that webpage (the one linked to in the first post) and laughing out loud. It's like this guy (who is naming himself Sean Fisher) copied the concept of these paid half-hour advertisement programs you see on TV late at night or in the afternoon. Since these ads seem to be very successful with the ignorant masses, he probably is too.

Sean Fisher? More like Sean the Phisherman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.