DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
First I think we should wait and see if the easy and practical method (calling Nintendo instead of worrying about finding work-arounds) is successful.
There is no fun in that. I extracted the dol from the netflix wad, but I could not find the hex mentioned to patch out the mac check. To bad. The channel loads fine with gecko, not sure if the code would work.

This was pretty informative for all you cheaters
http://volderbeek.freeforums.org/nintendo-ban-faq-t4500.html
http://gbatemp.net/lofiversion/index.php?t244365.html

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
JoostinOnline said:
First I think we should wait and see if the easy and practical method (calling Nintendo instead of worrying about finding work-arounds) is successful.
There is no fun in that.
I disagree, since playing online and using Netflix without gecko is pretty fun.
tongue.gif

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
mauifrog said:
JoostinOnline said:
There is no fun in that.
I disagree, since playing online and using Netflix without gecko is pretty fun.
tongue.gif
I am not suggesting people cheat. I honestly don't ever play my wii, except with my kids. But if my kids are stupid enough to get my wii banned, I will be really pissed if I can't get my netflix to work. I love my netflix.

secretchaos1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, thanks so much for all of your support x3
I personally would like to just get the problem resolved by nintendo. They told my brother they may or may not lift it and are calling him back in 1 or 2 days (most likely to lecture him).
I'm not worried about being banned again after as I'd never do anything to provoke that. I only used my wifi to play smash with the MAC spoofer code with one of my friends. We both hack, but we use the same file replacement codes and files, and it's only in private matches. He hasn't gotten banned from it ever, and I know many play online with similar modsets so I don't believe nintendo is concerned about that (after all, it doesn't make gameplay unfair for anyone else through using them since they'd have no affect unless both users are doing the same thing).
Aaaanyway. If worst comes to worst, any workarounds for the Netflix channel would be great.(I'm surprised it gets counted as part of the wifi ban, usually channels like that don't check your MAC address ban)
I'm pretty sure the universal MAC spoofer alone doesn't work with gecko and channels as I've tried it (in combination with changing my SN) to play various wiiware titles online and none worked.
Anyway, hopefully Ninty cuts us some slack. Thanks again everyone.

hybridLearner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be a bit out there, but if you replace the wifi card it should have a different mac address. I would think it would work after that, but I know your wii will think all of your mii characters were made on another unit and not allow you to change them (there is hb software to re-register them back). I know it sounds drastic and may not be something you are interested in, but I thought I would point it out.

*and I now see that one of the articles covers this. I had my wifi card go out on me once and used one out of a broken wii I found on ebay to repair it.

secretchaos1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't really want to go out of the way to replace any of the hardware (though I could use a new disc drive if I felt up to it), and ordering a used wifi card could result in purchasing a banned card. After reading those tutorials I understand fully how error 20102 and 20103 work (I thought 20103 was a counter to the Mac spoof at first XD) so getting back online in any of my other games should be fine since I formatted, thus correctly setting up my wii ID to match my SN. This still leaves the problem with Netflix though, and Ninty has yet to call within the 2 business days they said they would. If they don't call by Monday, I'ma try looking at and patching the MAC check skip onto Netflix myself, if it's possible. I don't see why they do a MAC check for Netflix anyway :S Unless it's to prevent possible hacks to get onto it for free or something... I have no idea XD

secretchaos1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Remy SF3 said:
Hey there,

Maybe this will help. If you're looking to just use Netflix, what I did was use Wad Manager and installed the Netflix channel and it worked, but I still cannot play online for the same reasons. My second Wii works normally, so I don't really worry much.
Well, I overlooked this tidbit earlier. Before I used the netflix channel from the wii shop, but perhaps there's a wad file of a different version out there? I suppose it's worth looking into if all else fails.

secretchaos1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Edit: Okay, so I setup Netflix and I'm still getting error 20102 even though my MAC was supposedly unbanned -.-' I figure it's either a delay with the server or a problem with my wiiID. Gonna try changing it again.
Edit2: So it seems the MAC is still banned. I tried connecting to Smash Bros without a MAC spoofer and I got 20102, connected with one and I was fine. >.> This is becoming a pain in the ass.
Edit3: I think I'm just gonna give up on this for now, I can download and find movies for my folks in other ways xD this is just becoming too much hassle. But atleast by formatting I got my wiiID and SN to match, thus erradicating ec 20103 and, with the addition of a spoofer, ec 20102.
Thanks so much for helping everyone.

Thanks for your help everyone. Some guy called back today and said they can remove the ban as long as I delete the homebrew channel, which I did, until the ban was removed. They don't like it because it promotes piracy, but with my broken disc drive I don't really have any options to me that are convenient besides USB loading. Besides, I legitly own all the games I use through it, so I don't feel guilty about it. They caught the hacking on Mario Kart apparently (surprise, surprise) and since I have no intentions to hack online again I figure I won't be picked up for anything else.
Thanks again for helping everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place