Hacking forewarer dol from preloader to the new HBC?

brickedwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all so so much!

I am eternally grateful to all of you, you have literally saved my life - my parents would have killed me if I had not been able to fix it.

Seriously, words cannot express how grateful I am.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

You are all awesome, and I cannot thank you enough!

By the way, my wii is now unbricked
tongue.gif
(thanks to you!).

Thank you
smile.gif

Once again thank you
smile.gif

I love you all
smile.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great to hear that it's fixed! You have luck that preloader still worked
yaywii.gif
I hope that priiloader also works now?

brickedwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Great to hear that it's fixed! You have luck that preloader still worked
yaywii.gif
I hope that priiloader also works now?

Thanks
smile.gif
well actually I haven't had the nerve to install priiloader yet :/ I'll try it now
smile.gif

XFlak said:
QUOTE(brickedwii @ Aug 19 2010, 04:53 PM) By the way, my wii is not unbricked
tongue.gif
(thanks to you!).
I think you meant to say "now" instead of "not" (double negative implies its still bricked
biggrin.gif
)

glad u got it fixed!

Haha yes I meant now
smile.gif
, I'll change that now
smile.gif

Thank you again!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no, there is nothing else u need to do

it doesn't make a difference if u do this now or after u install priiloader, but u should install a non-fakesigned IOS58 then reinstall the HBC (and it will be running off of IOS58 instead of IOS61 so u can get USB2 speeds out of it
biggrin.gif
)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
brickedwii said:
Just as a check before I install Priiloader;

I have a 4.2e wii with HBC v1.0.8;

and in the HBC it says: 'IOS61 v21.29'.

Is there anything else I have to do before installing Priiloader? I am using this guide: http://www.chrislowthian.co.uk/installing-...ntendo-wii/591/

Thank you
smile.gif
@XFlak: Yes, there are some usefull points.
1. Please install THIS priiloader.
2. Place THIS hacks.ini to your sd card root.
3. Install IOS58 and reinstall the HBC like XFlak said
laugh.gif

4. When you have priiloader installed, start priiloader, go to settings and enable beta updates. Save this, search for updates, it WILL find the new update that you can start the new HBC directly from priiloader
yaywii.gif
and install it!

brickedwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh thanks
smile.gif
but this guide says i need a patched IOS70, which I don't think I have :/

I've tried to install it with Wad Manager 1.7, but my wii remote loses connectivity
frown.gif

Thanks

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
brickedwii said:
oh thanks
smile.gif
but this guide says i need a patched IOS70, which I don't think I have :/

I've tried to install it with Wad Manager 1.7, but my wii remote loses connectivity
frown.gif

Thanks
You don't really need it, but yes, it is better to have a patched one.
I will also explain it with Dop-Mii (great tool
rolleyes.gif
)
Start dop-mii, select IOS36, go to IOS, MIOS, BC, select IOS70 v6687 (v6912 would FULLBRICK your wii), answer all four questions with YES and download from NUS. After installing, follow this guide with the links I have posted before and not this guide package please
yaywii.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
brickedwii said:
I tried to install priiloader but it says that IOS61 is not patched :/ do I use bootmii to patch it?
Have you installed IOS58 and reinstalled the HBC? If yes, check if HBC use IOS58 now, then you can also patch IOS61 with Dop-Mii.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
FIX94 said:
brickedwii said:
I tried to install priiloader but it says that IOS61 is not patched :/ do I use bootmii to patch it?
Have you installed IOS58 and reinstalled the HBC? If yes, check if HBC use IOS58 now, then you can also patch IOS61 with Dop-Mii.
FIX94, I gotta say, I got respect for u based on what I've read over the past few days, and everything you said has been good advice... until now.

Do not install a patched IOS61, there is NO need, and it may interfere with other things like the shopping channel. Either way, patching the IOS accomplishes nothing.

@OP, when installing priiloader, hold B, then press +. Then it will install using IOS249.
If that fails, u can always launch mmm, reload to a patched IOS, then use MMM's app launcher to start the priiloader install, then press + to install with the currently loaded patched IOS

brickedwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
brickedwii said:

No i haven't installed IOS58 yet, and what do you mean by 'If yes, check if HBC use IOS58 now, then you can also patch it with Dop-Mii.'?

smile.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
XFlak said:
FIX94 said:
brickedwii said:
FIX94, I gotta say, I got respect for u based on what I've read over the past few days, and everything you said has been good advice... until now.

Do not install a patched IOS61, there is NO need, and it may interfere with other things like the shopping channel. Either way, patching the IOS accomplishes nothing.

@OP, when installing priiloader, hold B, then press +. Then it will install using IOS249.
If that fails, u can always launch mmm, reload to a patched IOS, then use MMM's app launcher to start the priiloader install, then press + to install with the currently loaded patched IOS
Oh, sorry
frown.gif
, I did not know that there is a better way, but you're right. It's better to use the MMM launcher than patch IOS61, thanks for the advice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: