• Total voters

bennyx8903

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
going back to china nxt week. in retail, G6L is about $500 chinese, about $70 CND, or $60 USD. and SUPERCARD lite is about $300 chinese, and 512mb TF is $160 chinese.

basically, G6L and SCL cost the same. both around $500 RMB.

which should i pick? i currently have a EZ4L (kinda disappointing) and owned a Supercard SD before, which i loved very much.

rockpin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
from what i read in the G6 section alot of ppl some ppl are having problems playing games like MarioKart or AnimalCrossing...not that would be a problem for me since i hav a EZ4L

Well, they are having problems with the last loader and manager but I'm sure it will be fixed soon as with previous versions they were perfectly playable.
All roms are perfectly playable including pokémon dash. Only Ultimate Spiderman has the issue of having to press start during the intro to avoid it from freezing.
That makes a compatibility of 100%.

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
going back to china nxt week. in retail, G6L is about $500 chinese, about $70 CND, or $60 USD. and SUPERCARD lite is about $300 chinese, and 512mb TF is $160 chinese.

basically, G6L and SCL cost the same. both around $500 RMB.

which should i pick? i currently have a EZ4L (kinda disappointing) and owned a Supercard SD before, which i loved very much.

I'd go with SCL because you can upgrade TF card in the future. with G6, u'll be stuck with 512mb.

antihaxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you could get both like me? I have an EZ4 Lite and G6 Lite. Next I plan on getting a supercard and m3 lite. W00t!

Zap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what i read in the G6 section alot of ppl some ppl are having problems playing games like MarioKart or AnimalCrossing...not that would be a problem for me since i hav a EZ4L

Stop. Spreading. This. Fixed. Problem.

Yes, I know it is annoying to type like that, but seriously. Qrazie have already stated (if u read the forum of course) that this issue is fixed since the SECOND revision of the G6 firmware.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SuperCard Lite actually runs better then the G6 Lite with DS games when you are using a high speed microSD. The SuperCard Lite also has the best DS and homebrew support with GBA games to boot! You can also always go bigger with a 2GB microSD in the future! The asnwer is really clear...

SuperCard Lite!

FifthE1ement
nds.gif

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not instant-saving GBA games into SRAM bothers me. Supercard has to have a keypress to save GBA games. Most other things are equal except that which leads me to my decision of G6.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had a g6 for a long time and was going to buy another 2 g6 lites but the only thing that bugs me is that the m3/g6 team isn't planning on making a pink cover for the g6 lite apparently so that would defeat the purpose for my gf. She also wants to use DS organize which runs on my m3 but I am heavily looking toward the supercard lite for this application for her since all she does is play ds games and would use the pda. Problems I see with the supercard lite so far is this: 1) hard to take out (I'm not exactly sure what this means to this date, I can only assume it's a VERY tight fit) 2) some misc issues involving wifi/freezing with their patcher. Otherwise for DS SC Lite looks pretty bulletproof. The only problem really is the color issue (only white, but hey can't complain, that's the majority). And oh yes, like outphase says, I'm not a big fan of the current implementation on gba saving....that is a big pain in the @$$....it just seems like a loose end that supercard crew needs to clean up. I'm interested in also more elegant solutions for games like DS Link because it's the best for DS games if it does what it advertises for flashme users....microSD flash and perfect invisibility (flush fit on ds slot). I'm going to sit back and see how it all pans out....not to mention the wild card of m3 lite jumping out of nowhere. Things will get very interesting.

doodad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FifthE1ement said:
SuperCard Lite actually runs better then the G6 Lite with DS games when you are using a high speed microSD.

What the hell are you talking about? I assume you have conclusive evidence to back this up? No? Quit spreading this nonsense.

FifthE1ementThe SuperCard Lite also has the best DS and homebrew support with GBA games to boot!

That's a misleading statement if ever I heard one.

doodad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tama_mog said:
I've had a g6 for a long time and was going to buy another 2 g6 lites but the only thing that bugs me is that the m3/g6 team isn't planning on making a pink cover for the g6 lite apparently so that would defeat the purpose for my gf.

tama_mogOtherwise for DS SC Lite looks pretty bulletproof. The only problem really is the color issue (only white, but hey can't complain, that's the majority).

The only thing that bothers you about the G6 Lite is that they may not make a pink shell, but you can't complain that, among the other problems you listed, the SC Lite only comes in white? That is some bizarre logic. I swear, some of you people are the strangest motherfuckers on the planet.

bennyx8903

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when i had my supercard SD, the thing i hate the most was the GBA part. slow loading and the Save funtions. hated that so much. but now i rarely play GBA games. the thing i liked the most was the DS support, nvr had a single problem playing games.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
No, comparison, get a sc-lite and high speed 1GB card. by the time this argument is over, it'll be the same price as a G6 small (err. sorry 4Gbit).

And for the record 'Fith Elemment' is right in saying, people have noted the sc-lite with a fast card runs Tony hawks better than G6-lite... see 'sneefs' (a respected member of the community) comments at scdev.com .

There is no reason to get a G6-lite small at all. Gba is dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu