For the SAME price, G6L or SCL+512TF

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by bennyx8903, Aug 11, 2006.

?

G6L or SCL+512TF

1. G6L.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. SCL.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Aug 11, 2006
  1. bennyx8903
    OP

Newcomer bennyx8903 Advanced Member

Canada
    going back to china nxt week. in retail, G6L is about $500 chinese, about $70 CND, or $60 USD. and SUPERCARD lite is about $300 chinese, and 512mb TF is $160 chinese.

basically, G6L and SCL cost the same. both around $500 RMB.

which should i pick? i currently have a EZ4L (kinda disappointing) and owned a Supercard SD before, which i loved very much.

2. motorcity_madman

Newcomer motorcity_madman Member

United States
  3. rockpin

Newcomer rockpin Member

Spain
    G6 lite if you want perfect gaming.
    SC lite if you want perfect homebrew.

4. bennyx8903
    OP

Canada

from what i read in the G6 section alot of ppl some ppl are having problems playing games like MarioKart or AnimalCrossing...not that would be a problem for me since i hav a EZ4L

5. rockpin

Newcomer rockpin Member

Spain
    Well, they are having problems with the last loader and manager but I'm sure it will be fixed soon as with previous versions they were perfectly playable.
    All roms are perfectly playable including pokémon dash. Only Ultimate Spiderman has the issue of having to press start during the intro to avoid it from freezing.
    That makes a compatibility of 100%.

6. KINGOFNOOBS

Member KINGOFNOOBS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Supercard Lite is better. Perfect DS Support, Perfect Homebrew support. The only thing G6 has is slighly better GBA support.

7. yuwing

Member yuwing GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I'd go with SCL because you can upgrade TF card in the future. with G6, u'll be stuck with 512mb.

8. evilreddot

Member evilreddot GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    G6 lite has a tendency to corrupt.

9. antihaxer

Newcomer antihaxer Advanced Member

United States
    Or you could get both like me? I have an EZ4 Lite and G6 Lite. Next I plan on getting a supercard and m3 lite. W00t!

10. Zap

Member Zap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Stop. Spreading. This. Fixed. Problem.

Yes, I know it is annoying to type like that, but seriously. Qrazie have already stated (if u read the forum of course) that this issue is fixed since the SECOND revision of the G6 firmware.

11. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    go for the g6 lite, no slowdown in gba games is a big plus for me. and most homebrew works fine like scumm ds

12. FifthE1ement

Member FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    SuperCard Lite actually runs better then the G6 Lite with DS games when you are using a high speed microSD. The SuperCard Lite also has the best DS and homebrew support with GBA games to boot! You can also always go bigger with a 2GB microSD in the future! The asnwer is really clear...

SuperCard Lite!

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

13. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    Not instant-saving GBA games into SRAM bothers me. Supercard has to have a keypress to save GBA games. Most other things are equal except that which leads me to my decision of G6.

14. sirdaver

Member sirdaver Advanced Member

United States
    So does power. Don't even get me started on absolute power...

15. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    I've had a g6 for a long time and was going to buy another 2 g6 lites but the only thing that bugs me is that the m3/g6 team isn't planning on making a pink cover for the g6 lite apparently so that would defeat the purpose for my gf. She also wants to use DS organize which runs on my m3 but I am heavily looking toward the supercard lite for this application for her since all she does is play ds games and would use the pda. Problems I see with the supercard lite so far is this: 1) hard to take out (I'm not exactly sure what this means to this date, I can only assume it's a VERY tight fit) 2) some misc issues involving wifi/freezing with their patcher. Otherwise for DS SC Lite looks pretty bulletproof. The only problem really is the color issue (only white, but hey can't complain, that's the majority). And oh yes, like outphase says, I'm not a big fan of the current implementation on gba saving....that is a big pain in the @$$....it just seems like a loose end that supercard crew needs to clean up. I'm interested in also more elegant solutions for games like DS Link because it's the best for DS games if it does what it advertises for flashme users....microSD flash and perfect invisibility (flush fit on ds slot). I'm going to sit back and see how it all pans out....not to mention the wild card of m3 lite jumping out of nowhere. Things will get very interesting.

16. doodad

Newcomer doodad Member

That's a misleading statement if ever I heard one.

17. doodad

Newcomer doodad Member

The only thing that bothers you about the G6 Lite is that they may not make a pink shell, but you can't complain that, among the other problems you listed, the SC Lite only comes in white? That is some bizarre logic. I swear, some of you people are the strangest motherfuckers on the planet.

18. bennyx8903
    OP

Canada
    when i had my supercard SD, the thing i hate the most was the GBA part. slow loading and the Save funtions. hated that so much. but now i rarely play GBA games. the thing i liked the most was the DS support, nvr had a single problem playing games.

19. meangreenie

Banned meangreenie Banned

United Kingdom
    No, comparison, get a sc-lite and high speed 1GB card. by the time this argument is over, it'll be the same price as a G6 small (err. sorry 4Gbit).

And for the record 'Fith Elemment' is right in saying, people have noted the sc-lite with a fast card runs Tony hawks better than G6-lite... see 'sneefs' (a respected member of the community) comments at scdev.com .

There is no reason to get a G6-lite small at all. Gba is dead.

20. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    doodad, i'm sorry but that isnt actually perfect language around here. please edit you post, before anything goes "wrong" :\