For people who accidently updated your Wii recently

gamepopper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you accidentally updated your Wii (like I did) and you are now unable to install WAD files. I was able to work a long solution to fix it. You might have a better one in which, post it on this topic.

You need
Wii Downgrader
ISO51 and Wii Shop Channel Installer
Wad Manager version 1.21
Homebrew Channel already installed (if you don't have it then you'll fall at the first hurdle, sorry)
And a Wad to test of course

NOTE OF WARNING
If your Wii messes up and gets bricked it is not my responsibility nor is it the creators of the programs used. This process was done by me and it worked but there might not be a chance if it works for everyone who does it. Just don't do anything stupid and read the instructions provided with the programs carefully and thoroughly before trying this at your own risk.

What to do
- Download all the files and put them on an SD card (2GB or less), then insert the SD card into your wii
- Start up Wii Homebrew Channel and start the Wii Downgrader
- Read the instructions and the warnings and if your confident, go through the procedures and downgrade to firmwire 3.2. The letter next to it signifies the region i.e. E for Europe and U for USA. After you selected the correct firmwire, then continue to follow the instructions and hopefully it will be successful.
- You can use the time to try if you can install any ISOs like cISO, but I haven't.
- Open up the ISO51 installer and install that first
- Open up the Wii Shop Channel installer and install that next
- Open up WAD Manager v1.21 and try to install a WAD, if you don't get an error message then you should be successful!!

I hope that helps for some of you, don't call me an idiot and hate me if there is an easier way or your Wii gets bricked cause like I said in the "Note of Warning", this process might not worked for everyone even though this way worked for me.

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
If you already have a cIOS installed this solution will probably work, but if you don't I think you can't even get past the 'cIOS 37 v3' installation... =(
Too bad for me =(

Grav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm an idiot. I uninstalled my CiOS literally 5 minutes before I found this thread, so shockingly now I'm stuck.

Ghork

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess the kind pro-hacking people, who are much kinder than nintendo, will relese somethin to help us, the poor victims of nintendo's revenge in a few days
ohmy.gif

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The amount of people who have uninstalled their CIOS to update is outstanding. What was going through your heads?

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
MrBubbles said:
The amount of people who have uninstalled their CIOS to update is outstanding. What was going through your heads?
In my case, I was just trying to update to a newer cIOS to get better compatibility with Backup Loader. I didn't uninstall the previous one, but it got down while updating, and the new one never finished installing.
In other words, I got owned while trying to get more 'backups' of games I 'own' working...
dry.gif

DON'T UPDATE YOUR cIOS ON 3.3X-v2! YOU'LL REGRET IT!
tongue.gif

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ghork said:
I guess the kind pro-hacking people, who are much kinder than nintendo, will relese somethin to help us, the poor victims of nintendo's revenge in a few days
ohmy.gif

Yep. We're all the victims. Why in the Hell is Nintendo trying to stop us from pirating their software!? What the Hell are they thinking?! The intelligent people in the scene saw this coming for a LONG time (see every one of my posts in the backup loader threads). Poor innocent pirates.

retracell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I have 3.3v2J and I don't have cIOS37. I have HBC. I have to run cIOS Downgrader 1.0/1.1 since running 1.2 or the normal IOS Downgrader automatically reboots the Wii. I used the alternative PatchMii that installs cIOS36 I believe and now whenever I try to install cIOS rev3 or downgrade it gives me a ticket error. Does this mean I have to wait for a fix to appear or is there already a fix?

Posted on wrong thread. ..

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
would it not be possible to downgrade by deleting the "fixed" IOS WADs and reinstalling them for example from an old game??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?