Homebrew For everybody wondering whether or not it is safe to downgrade - Here is a statement from TuxSH

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, just tried it one more time. Installed 41 cias, Native firm, and it got stuck at the "Rebooting in 10 seconds". rebooting without the SD resulted in a soft-brick. Hmm...

As for my cias.... I have the 9.2(U) full from that iso site. Is that not the one I should be using? Or did something in my extraction/copying go wrong?

SterneSchreien

Naughty One
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, just tried it one more time. Installed 41 cias, Native firm, and it got stuck at the "Rebooting in 10 seconds". rebooting without the SD resulted in a soft-brick. Hmm...

As for my cias.... I have the 9.2(U) full from that iso site. Is that not the one I should be using? Or did something in my extraction/copying go wrong?

You're on a mac IIRC, some people on the reddit thread seem to be having problems with macs and some say they fixed it by extracting via a Windows machine.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another update from the soft-brick master. Since my last post I've soft bricked several times. And indeed each time it seems to install exactly 41 cia files, of which the last one is '0004013000001702.cia'. It then installs native firm, and either reboots or fails to reboot. Both ways end up in a soft-brick.

This is even after redownloading the cia package from that iso site. The new link is even marked as "download this file for N3DS US". I've been extracting with 'The unarchiver', which is an excellent extractor and had never given me problems before. I make sure to dot_clean all the relevant folders.

I'll have to try extracting on a windows machine and see if that helps. I don't have one on me at the moment though.

Has anyone else on a mac/US N3DS get their downgrade to work?

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this the most current and safest possibly more preferred method to downgrade my 3ds?
Please see me signature for my current setup.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this the most current and safest possibly more preferred method to downgrade my 3ds?
Please see me signature for my current setup.
so far yes . . . but . . . be advised there will be a better solution someday we just dont have a set date for its release

Reactions: Cloud9Skywalker

SonicHyuga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And indeed each time it seems to install exactly 41 cia files, of which the last one is '0004013000001702.cia'. It then installs native firm, and either reboots or fails to reboot. Both ways end up in a soft-brick.
If those newer sysUpdater builds check each title version it should not have to install all 102 cias, because there are quite a few that have not been updated anyway.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just extracted the update files on a windows machine and transferred them. After a few attempts at starting sysupdater, it did the exact same thing. 41 cias installed, stopped on the same one, installed native firm, rebooted into a soft-brick. It's now once again updating back to 10.3.

So it's not my Mac that's causing issues. Either it's the update files themselves (bad source) or the updater. For the update files, I double checked the MD5 and it matches accordingly.

So... what's going on guys?

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just extracted the update files on a windows machine and transferred them. After a few attempts at starting sysupdater, it did the exact same thing. 41 cias installed, stopped on the same one, installed native firm, rebooted into a soft-brick. It's now once again updating back to 10.3.

So it's not my Mac that's causing issues. Either it's the update files themselves (bad source) or the updater. For the update files, I double checked the MD5 and it matches accordingly.

So... what's going on guys?
Try to download another zip of 9.2 update. Sorry, can't think of anything besides that. You pack is corrupted, I think.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to download another zip of 9.2 update. Sorry, can't think of anything besides that. You pack is corrupted, I think.

My pack's MD5 matches the list.

Here's the MD5 of the pack I'm using:
e5f40c3b155cfd12ef38be35d2e81d2e

And the name: 9.2.0-20U(Full)_n3DS.zip

And here's the one from the list:

"N3DS 9.2.0-20U:
MD5: e5f40c3b155cfd12ef38be35d2e81d2e
SHA-1: 377c140377fb6cf31a0c032c4e1196cc521f87fe?"

I indeed got it from the particular page that the guide along with the list mentions.

As I said, I extracted and transferred with windows, everything seemingly installed okay (41 cias install, then native firm) and it reboots into a soft brick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1