Hacking For downgrades when you say "N3DS" do you really mean "N3DS" or "N3DS XL"?

archnachoofthepi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to be a pill, and I've gone through five pages of topics using the search function with only one sorta kinda referencing which they meant. I think because the New 3DS Compact (i.e. the happy home designer bundle) came to America so late, most people use N3DS to mean N3DSXL.

I just wanted to confirm before I put down the cash on a New 3DS Compact / Happy Home Designer Bundle that I can actually downgrade that to use CFW. I wasn't sure if, since it came to America with a particular firmware number higher than 9.2, if it could be downgraded to said 9.2 firmware.

I intend to copy over my 10.3 that has all of my purchases, so one last question. Is it better to fully upgrade the New 3DS Compact / Happy Home Designer Bundle, perform the system transfer, and then downgrade? Or, can I downgrade, install the CFW and then system transfer my 10.3 to Reinand's Emunand?

I know with Gateway you can do Sysnand to Emunand and vice versa, but I could not find anything conclusive on whether or not CFW can do the same thing.

Thank you all in advance!

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
Both, the only diference is size. Their hardware is the same.

I upgraded my N3DS from 9.0 to 10.3, I did a system transfer and then downgraded again to 9.2. CFW is cheaper than Gateway, it's free and has almost the same functionality.

Last edited by EmuAGR,
Reactions: archnachoofthepi

Tmu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3DS is for both the xl and regular models
just make sure the files match your consoles region and you should be fine
dfd56b5b6203769f2ebae7b92af33477.png

Site & Scene News