For downgrades when you say "N3DS" do you really mean "N3DS" or "N3DS XL"?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by archnachoofthepi, Jan 15, 2016.

1. archnachoofthepi
    OP

archnachoofthepi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2007
    United States
    I'm not trying to be a pill, and I've gone through five pages of topics using the search function with only one sorta kinda referencing which they meant. I think because the New 3DS Compact (i.e. the happy home designer bundle) came to America so late, most people use N3DS to mean N3DSXL.

I just wanted to confirm before I put down the cash on a New 3DS Compact / Happy Home Designer Bundle that I can actually downgrade that to use CFW. I wasn't sure if, since it came to America with a particular firmware number higher than 9.2, if it could be downgraded to said 9.2 firmware.

I intend to copy over my 10.3 that has all of my purchases, so one last question. Is it better to fully upgrade the New 3DS Compact / Happy Home Designer Bundle, perform the system transfer, and then downgrade? Or, can I downgrade, install the CFW and then system transfer my 10.3 to Reinand's Emunand?

I know with Gateway you can do Sysnand to Emunand and vice versa, but I could not find anything conclusive on whether or not CFW can do the same thing.

Thank you all in advance!

2. EmuAGR

EmuAGR GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2016
    Both, the only diference is size. Their hardware is the same.

I upgraded my N3DS from 9.0 to 10.3, I did a system transfer and then downgraded again to 9.2. CFW is cheaper than Gateway, it's free and has almost the same functionality.

Last edited by EmuAGR, Jan 15, 2016
    archnachoofthepi likes this.
  3. archnachoofthepi
    OP

archnachoofthepi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2007
    United States
    Awesome, thank you! You are officially my hero :D

Subtle Demise likes this.
  4. NintendoGamer

NintendoGamer Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2016
    Italy
    San Nicola La Strada, Italy
    I have a dubt.
    With a N3DSXL out of box with 9.9-26E Firmware:
    - Can I proceed to downgrade the console to firmware 9.2 and after start the Gateway Ultra?
    - If so, which method is most suitable for my device?

Subtle Demise likes this.
  5. Tmu

Tmu Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    N3DS is for both the xl and regular models
    just make sure the files match your consoles region and you should be fine
    [​IMG]