Gaming For DLCs, do I need to tell Aurora Dash where it is before launching it? Same for title updates: do I need to tell Aurora Dash where to look as well?

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hdd1:\Content\0000000000000000\ <---------- Copy every thing here.
DLC and Addons MUST be installed to the internal hard drive to work.
Aurora doesn't care about DLC, the xbox does and will look here.

The DLC Outbreak Maps for Dead Space 2 would look like this:
Hdd1:\Content\0000000000000000\454108DF\00000002\ FD6BF27BBC5770A74E5552CBE4454F3B77D3E6D645

Aurora can download TU's for you. If you give it a place to look, it will find them and copy them to the correct locations automatically.
It's in the settings somewhere.

RobertX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I get the internal hard drive part in the second line of text. Now, are you sure that I can't use a USB hard drive?

If I placed the title updates in the content folder, will I still need to tell Aurora where to look? Ditto for DLC?

Thanks for the answers.

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From everything I can tell and have read, DLC and Add-ons must be on the internal hard drive, but I never tested as I have a drive large enough for my games.
I will try an experiment later.

Aurora will need to know where the title updates are located.
I'm not sure if Aurora will see them automatically if put in content. From my understanding of how this works, TU's are like a zip file that get extracted once downloaded.
If you have TU's on a flash drive for example, you can go to Start > Content. You can add a path for TU's and click the scan now button. Any TU's found will be copied to a cache.
You need to then enable the TU's you want active. Aurora supports having multiple TU's on a system. To enable a TU, press Y on a game. 2nd icon down, left side, image with a controller and a down arrow.
You can enable/disable/download TU's from here.

Games can be on a external HDD/Flash for sure.
Aurora dosen't care about DLC or Add-Ons, the Xbox OS does. As long as the DLC-Addons are in the 0 Folder when a game starts it will check that folder for everything automatically.

I let you know the result of my experiment.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Let 360 content manager upload the DLC and title updates etc to your console.
Way easier then to manually FTP it.

But yes, DLC etc must be installed to the internal harddrive.
I'm not entirely to sure if external harddrives formatted to FAT32 work but eh, best to keep it on the internal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...