qwertymodo

OP
Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
I have an old Wii capable of bootmii boot2, so I figured I'd take a NAND backup then bite the bullet and run the WiiU transfer. Here are the results, nice and clear for anybody wondering:

Transfer did not affect custom channels (including HBC)
Transfer did not affect injected VC
Transfer did not affect custom SM theme
Transfer did not affect patched IOS/cIOS/DIOS-MIOS

No custom channels of any kind were transferred (obviously), nor were their associated saves, but neither were they removed from the Wii

Restoring pre-transfer bootmii backup did not re-enable purchased VC downloads (no surprise, that's why you have to be online during the transfer), but VC that was on the NAND for the backup is obviously still there, and it runs fine.

Also, custom channels and injected VC install fine in vWii, you just have to do it manually. I haven't tried manually moving a save file for an injected VC title, but worst case I'm sure SaveGameManager will work.

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
Save Games from Other Region do get Transfered, which makes no sense but i guess there is no Region Flag on save files.

qwertymodo

OP
Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, other regions would have different Title ID's. I guess that's one thing they don't check, as long as the Title ID is valid. Save files for injected VC do not transfer, so obviously they are doing SOME checking on save files to determine whether or not to transfer them, but apparently, any valid disc title is good enough...

qwertymodo

OP
Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
The only custom channels I have actually installed are Tantric's emulator channels, using his installers. However, this proves that custom channels are possible. I would look into damysteryman's IOS patcher, then use the patched IOS to install channel wads, though I haven't tried it myself. If any of the wad managers had ever bothered to implement AHBPROT access rather than relying on CIOS, then we could just use them directly, but unfortunately, the only AHBPROT-enabled app that I know of that installs wads doesn't run on the vWii (wiimod, black screen upon loading).

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I keep hearing about people installing channels on vwii and to do that you must have 236 installed. What I want to know is what program to use to obtain the ios36 needed for the patching. I really think there needs to be an overall guide on how to do all that we are able to so far on WiiU.

Reactions: Kikirini

qwertymodo

OP
Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure you use BlueDump to dump IOS36 from your own vWii, and use that for patching/installation. Tantric's channel installers work as-is, but obviously only for his channels.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I keep hearing about people installing channels on vwii and to do that you must have 236 installed. What I want to know is what program to use to obtain the ios36 needed for the patching. I really think there needs to be an overall guide on how to do all that we are able to so far on WiiU.
You do not need any CIOS. You just the version of YAWMM that uses AHBPPROT.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until the AHBPROT version of YAWMM came out, you did need to use Cvios236+MMM to install fakesigned wads and even official channels(because of error -1017). 236 is still needed to install the Internet Channel and Photo Channel via MOD-Mii since it can download and install them directly from NUS but would run into -1017 trying to install them. of course, YAWMM+wads of those from NUSD would work also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1