Footage of Star Wars: First Assault Appears

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    I don't like Star Wars, I've tried and I've found it to be *content cut to avoid lots of nerds from derailing the topic*. However I really enjoyed some of the games such as Dark Forces and so on.

We had some info on this possible game that might get a release digitally...or it might not...who knows...Star Wars games man, unless it's about dancing around like a twat, chances are the game is cancelled or going to get cancelled or will be a Jar Jar Binks rimming sim.

Anyfuckingway Kotaku has some footage on their blog/site/thing here and from the looks of things it looks meh but there's not really a whole lot to go on, but my wager is that this is a bro shooter.
    http://kotaku.com/5990366/leaked-footage-of-star-wars-newest-take-on-battlefield-and-call-of-duty

Yay reposting news from others!

BortzANATOR likes this.
  2. narutofan777

narutofan777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2010
    Afghanistan
    so its call of duty in space? kool game. :rolleyes:

3. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Ignorant: Yes/No/Maybe? If a game is classifies as an online FPS, it sure as hell will be compared to the "standard of the generation"= Call of Duty. Ever wonder why RPG fans always want to bring up FFVII, but hate FFXIII?

As for the footage, I'm curious. I'm not a real fan of the online FPS games, but the co-op/single player games have been a good time waster for me and my friends.

4. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I just wish they made something a bit more... Battlefront-esque to promote Battlefront.

Like I don't want to pay $10-$15 for a XBLA multiplayer game (since 90% of them fail horribly) just in the hopes of getting Battlefront III back. It's a pretty shitty way to gauge enthusiasm towards Battlefront III.

5. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Of all the techniques to learn from Ubisoft, why did it have to be this one?

6. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    No worries, as a HUGE Star Wars fan, I think most Star Wars stuff sucks too, at least since they revived the franchise. Bah! Dark Forces was the bomb though wasn't it?

Thankx for this link, I hope what ever it is, it gets a release. Crappy or not, I tend to play EVERYTHING Star Wars related (even Yoda Stories), with a strict exception to anything Clone Wars TV series related.

7. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    If it helps I heard Disney canned the Clone Wars show.

8. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris

Oh man that is GREAT NEWS!!!!! Thank you for that, I hope it's true!

9. BORTZ

BORTZ "I'm the captain now"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Gay, give me fopping Battlefront 3. NAO

EZ-Megaman likes this.