foobar2000

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Sicklyboy, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Sicklyboy
    OP

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    I don't know how I was listening to music before. iTunes is garbage compared to this, I don't know why I didn't make the switch sooner. Does anyone have any tips with it? I've been using it for a few weeks, got it mostly down, but wondering if anyone has anything else they like to use with it (plugins)? Most of the plugins I use are DSP ones, and the iPod manager one.

2. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    The only plugins I use are Columns UI and audioscrobbler. I like to keep it simple.

check this out for minimalism

3. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    [​IMG]

MonoLite
    http://fanco86.deviantart.com/art/MonoLite-122756120

Awesome theme. I also use the audioscrobbler like Depravo.

4. Sicklyboy
    OP

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    I'll be honest, I'm quite partial to the black default theme. I love having any programs that I use a LOT in a dark mode, it's so much easier on the eyes, which is why I also use the dark theme on this site.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

What I'd really, really like is some sort of a search bar near the top right like iTunes has. I know you can use the Search menu under Library, which does work the same way, but this saves two clicks. I tried the Quick Search plugin, which I thought would do it. Unless I am missing something, all it does is add a text box you need to call, and upon finishing a search query, enter creates a new playlist with it.

As far as other plugins, I only have iPod manager (foo_dop)(no Apple FANBOII here, just have an 80Gig classic for the storage space lol); SACD Decoder (foo_input_sacd)(this is great for those SACD ISOs that are so elusive to me - the Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon SACD is AMAZING in 5.1DTS); Effect DSP (foo_dsp_effect)(I don't even use this.)

For DSPs, I use Resampler (PPHS) @64kHz-Ultra, Advanced Limiter, and Convert Stereo to 4 channels.

5. Frederica Bernkastel

Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

GBAtemp Patron
    Frederica Bernkastel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 31, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Hinamizawa
  6. Sicklyboy
    OP

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    Yech I tried that Dolby 5.1 Headphone setup when I first started using it, and IMO it sounded terrible compared to default 2 channels through headphones.

I usually listen through a 5.1 system, and any stereo audio is upmixed to 4.0 channel, and 5.1 plays as 5.1 as one would expect.

7. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    I've been using it for years now too, amazing stuff indeed. I really like how customizable it is, but not that hard that a PC illiterate can't figure it out himself.
    Also, on my laptop I've configured it to respond to my FN key + arrow, it worked out pretty well. Good stuff.