Flying Colors

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Domination, Mar 28, 2012.

Mar 28, 2012

Flying Colors by Domination at 5:22 PM (292 Views / 0 Likes) 0 replies

1. Domination
    OP

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    [​IMG]
    Artist: Flying Colors​
    Album: Flying Colors​
    Tracks: 11​
    Duration: 60:26​
    Genre: Progressive Rock​
    Released: 26th March 2012​

Track List

By now, prog fans should have already known of Mike Portnoy's 'departure' (to put it in more pleasant terms) from progressive metal legends Dream Theater. And post-DT Portnoy has been involved in several projects (read: supergroups), first was the more straightforward Hard Rock/Heavy Metal band Adrenaline Mob, and now another of his projects, the band Flying Colors, jsut released their eponymous first EP a few days ago.

Flying Colors features many accomplished musicians with pretty impressive portfolios. Obviously there's Mike Portnoy (ex-Dream Theater, Transatlantic, etc.), then there is guitar legend Steve Morse (Dixie Dregs, Deep Purple, etc.), bassist Dave LaRue (Planet X, Steve Morse, etc.), keyboardist/multi-instrumentalist and veteran prog musician Neal Morse (Spock's Beard, Transatlantic, etc.) and there's vocalist Casey McPherson (Alpha Rev, Endochine, etc.) who is relatively new to me, and probably many others.

Sorry but the but didn't have set up any streaming for the album, and there are no videos of the album to be found on youtube, yet (well, technically there are videos of people covering the songs with the track playing in the background, but I'm sure we don't want that), so you would have to buy it or listen to it some other way.

Teaser Videos

My Opinion/ Mini-Review