Hacking Flex cable for RP2040 OR board with inbuilt resistors?

Fatfingers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey!

Just putting the finishing touches on my first picofly and overall the only real pia experienced in the process was the resistors on the RP2040. The resistors just didn’t like my 38awg wire being soldered to it and it was super annoying when occasionally I would desolder the other end of the resistor that was soldered to the board. Was wondering if anyone is working on or has created a flex cable for the RP2040 which has the 48ohm resistor in the flex and nice juicy pads for my wires to solder to? Or Better yet a 2040 board with resistors already attached?

joinkent

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey!

Just putting the finishing touches on my first picofly and overall the only real pia experienced in the process was the resistors on the RP2040. The resistors just didn’t like my 38awg wire being soldered to it and it was super annoying when occasionally I would desolder the other end of the resistor that was soldered to the board. Was wondering if anyone is working on or has created a flex cable for the RP2040 which has the 48ohm resistor in the flex and nice juicy pads for my wires to solder to? Or Better yet a 2040 board with resistors already attached?
the Waveshare rp2040-tiny has built in resistor ;)

Fatfingers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh wow if that’s actually the case that is mad. When I look into the item on its web page it says based off of the RP 2040 but doesn’t mention anything about what is actually different. I can see what looks to be like resistors on the board but is there anywhere I can read into this chip in reguards to how people have used it for the picofly mod and if they ran into any issues?

Legend

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1