Hacking Flatmii Announced

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Diffusion said:
sentinel5000 said:
I really dont see the point to this IF it were true, DVDs are cheap, they dont ocupy too much space and when you have gamma, there is really no need to open your Wii and risk damaging it. So thanks, but no thanks, Soft is the way to go
smile.gif
It makes all those Wiis with dead drives useful again. ...and the install looks as easy as a Wii-clip installation.
Not to mention softmods are often unstable at playing games, and with this you can use disc channel. And it can't be blocked by Nintendo ever.
yaypsp.gif

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
coolbho3000 said:
Diffusion said:
sentinel5000 said:
I really dont see the point to this IF it were true, DVDs are cheap, they dont ocupy too much space and when you have gamma, there is really no need to open your Wii and risk damaging it. So thanks, but no thanks, Soft is the way to go
smile.gif
It makes all those Wiis with dead drives useful again. ...and the install looks as easy as a Wii-clip installation.
Not to mention softmods are often unstable at playing games, and with this you can use disc channel. And it can't be blocked by Nintendo ever.
yaypsp.gif

I have like 15 games and I have not seen any unstability in any of them, sure some movies are a bit slow but gameplay is perfect. But yeah, the wiis with dvd drives dead will be good with this...

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very true on the soft mod but its the next best thing to a mod chip long live gamma
back to topic so the deal with this is what load a wii.img from a external hdd or sd ? beautful love the idea
sounds like it work the same way games i would load for my psp (in a way)

out of 96 games only 6 have issues of ine with gamma if anyone was intrested

Diffusion

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
goku1980 said:
very true on the soft mod but its the next best thing to a mod chip long live gamma
back to topic so the deal with this is what load a wii.img from a external hdd or sd ? beautful love the idea
sounds like it work the same way games i would load for my psp (in a way)

out of 96 games only 6 have issues of ine with gamma if anyone was intrested
You plug it into a computer via USB, and then load ISOs off your computer using the Flatmii software.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Somebody in a german forum has posted that the price of flatmii will be 70-100 EURO. I don't rely on this source, but this would be much more than i expected. It's just a drive connector to usb2.0, all the processing needed is done by the pc, i expected max 30 EURO, maybe 50 EURO while it's brand new.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so u connect your wii to your pc via usb? id rater use gamma and wait for a something that loads games stright from a external hdd ive got a 1tb set aside for that day but good looking on the link thought difuison

Kingcool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From there faq:
5. If I install FlatMii, can I also play copied games on disc?
> Unfortunately you cannot. However, it's fully compatible with all drivechips.
=BAD!

J

Jackreyes

Kingcool said:
From there faq:
=BAD!

Errm.. what?
Its not claiming to be a modchip.
It runs ISOs from your PC... there should be no need for burnt DVDs... but, if it is compatible with modchips then its not stopping you using DVDs as well as ISOs.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kingcool said:
From there faq:
=BAD!
not compatible with clips if installed like in the tut i know that if i tried mine would get crushed and having the flatmii stuck to the outside of the wii doesn't sound appealing.

Kingcool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jackreyes said:
Kingcool said:
From there faq:
=BAD!

Errm.. what?
Its not claiming to be a modchip.
It runs ISOs from your PC... there should be no need for burnt DVDs... but, if it is compatible with modchips then its not stopping you using DVDs as well as ISOs.
Then i have to download all my games i have on my burned discs now or try to rip them..
frown.gif

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont understand why people dont just burn 2 copies of a game.

1 copy for the PC incase you need to reburn.

1 copy for the Wii.

This makes it so that you dont have to worry about scratching up your discs or whatnot. If you have a problem, just put the disc into the PC and click and drag the ISO onto the harddrive, then reburn it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tichinde925 said:

1 copy for the Wii.

This makes it so that you dont have to worry about scratching up your discs or whatnot. If you have a problem, just put the disc into the PC and click and drag the ISO onto the harddrive, then reburn it.

Why just not keep the .isos? No wait, that's too complicated and there are too many ifs.

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WiiPower said:
Tichinde925 said:

1 copy for the Wii.

Why just not keep the .isos? No wait, that's too complicated and there are too many ifs.

My HD has 160 GB.
And they are expensive here.

Kingcool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tichinde925 said:

1 copy for the Wii.

Because i dont have the space to save them, normal people have other things on there hdd than just wiigames. I just saves my games until i have seeded them 1:1 and then delete them becuse of the storage problem..

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man, if there was only a wireless USB solution here. I have a 400GB hard drive, and it was 500, but 100 was saved for system files. Too bad, my laptop has only 40GB, but still, I can fit a few, now if it only stopped randomly turning off on me.
frown.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do not know about any of you but what I am interested in is a kind of "dynamic compression"* for scrubbed isos, I used such things all the time in the 486 era but they fell out of use.

*scrubbed isos for those just joining replace what is usually incompressible junk located between files with easily compressed sections of 00's. The isos turn out the same size but they can be compressed by normal methods (zip/rar/7zip) unlike 99% of standard isos. Dynamic compression would compress the 00 filled sections for storage on the drive but as far as the game is concerned it is an uncompressed iso.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
djdynamite123 said:
exactly, re downloading is the best bet, rippping usually ends with a error unless your pretty looky
tongue.gif

Definitely NOT true. A friend of mine has just modded his Wii. I have ripped more than 30 games now and burned them on DVD...no error yet, MATE.... Please don't spread false information if you don't have the facts.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
exactly, re downloading is the best bet, rippping usually ends with a error unless your pretty looky

QUOTEDefinitely NOT true. A friend of mine has just modded his Wii. I have ripped more than 30 games now and burned them on DVD...no error yet, MATE.... Please don't spread false information if you don't have the facts.
hmm, any of you try ripping a image wii game you have just burnt, see if you can re make the ISO from disc to file, see if it works at random, just any game....me and majority of others usually end with a error, iv'e had zelda TP and a few others successfully rip correctly using Imgburn, i have 2 Ram writers, a LG & Sony, and both are the basicly the same......but most of the time, nope doesn't work, end up with a error reading from disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O