Hacking Flatmii Announced

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off dling iso files is illegal in most places even if you own the game.
second the only legal way of backing up games is owning the game having the tools necessary to make a backup of it and making a copy of the game you own.
the only games i even see a reason for having to dl them are old nes games that are impossible to find in working condition.
but what ppl do is there business along with how they do it.
just so long as you don't blab about it to the world it stays your knowledge alone.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8-9kMCylp0

Right here... somethings going on... at 1:25-1:29... he puts a DVD screw in his hand, then it disappears... just gone... poof!

I'm calling Shenanigans on this!
What, you think he can't practice magic and hack at the same time?
tongue.gif

I think it would be better if it could connect to an external hard drive, instead of the computer too, but then have a homebrew application that could access the external hard drive and find a file and load it like that.
smile.gif
How about that idea?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm still calling Shenanigans on this... until they sell some (the resellers link is still empty), and we get some reviews, this is a really nice fake!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
exactly, re downloading is the best bet, rippping usually ends with a error unless your pretty looky

QUOTEDefinitely NOT true. A friend of mine has just modded his Wii. I have ripped more than 30 games now and burned them on DVD...no error yet, MATE.... Please don't spread false information if you don't have the facts.
hmm, any of you try ripping a image wii game you have just burnt, see if you can re make the ISO from disc to file, see if it works at random, just any game....me and majority of others usually end with a error, iv'e had zelda TP and a few others successfully rip correctly using Imgburn, i have 2 Ram writers, a LG & Sony, and both are the basicly the same......but most of the time, nope doesn't work, end up with a error reading from disc.
Are you saying that it is possible, or, is not possible??? 'cuz i've redumped many games from copy to file with ImgBurn and I've never had an error.....ever..!!
smile.gif

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
I never put all the screws back in my DVD drive, lol... I only put the back two in... still works fine!
yeah but he put none!
i have my wii apart so i can install my mod chip when it gets here, and i ejected wii sports from the drive and one of those rubber spacers where the screws go came out with the dvd!, had to put it back in there.
not to mention it can't be stable with no screws what so ever in the drive, one drop and bam! it could even break the currently mythical flatmii.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
I do not know about any of you but what I am interested in is a kind of "dynamic compression"* for scrubbed isos, I used such things all the time in the 486 era but they fell out of use.

*scrubbed isos for those just joining replace what is usually incompressible junk located between files with easily compressed sections of 00's. The isos turn out the same size but they can be compressed by normal methods (zip/rar/7zip) unlike 99% of standard isos. Dynamic compression would compress the 00 filled sections for storage on the drive but as far as the game is concerned it is an uncompressed iso.
If you use NTFS you can turn on compression and compress normal files, without applications knowing they are compressed, which would include working with the FlatMii app, if this is real.

QUOTE(wolffangalchemist @ Dec 29 2008, 10:12 PM) first off dling iso files is illegal in most places even if you own the game.
second the only legal way of backing up games is owning the game having the tools necessary to make a backup of it and making a copy of the game you own.
the only games i even see a reason for having to dl them are old nes games that are impossible to find in working condition.
but what ppl do is there business along with how they do it.
just so long as you don't blab about it to the world it stays your knowledge alone.
You must be new here.

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
exactly, re downloading is the best bet, rippping usually ends with a error unless your pretty looky

QUOTEDefinitely NOT true. A friend of mine has just modded his Wii. I have ripped more than 30 games now and burned them on DVD...no error yet, MATE.... Please don't spread false information if you don't have the facts.
hmm, any of you try ripping a image wii game you have just burnt, see if you can re make the ISO from disc to file, see if it works at random, just any game....me and majority of others usually end with a error, iv'e had zelda TP and a few others successfully rip correctly using Imgburn, i have 2 Ram writers, a LG & Sony, and both are the basicly the same......but most of the time, nope doesn't work, end up with a error reading from disc.
Are you saying that it is possible, or, is not possible??? 'cuz i've redumped many games from copy to file with ImgBurn and I've never had an error.....ever..!!
smile.gif
Me also redumped many games no error just some old dumps which were bad dumps and it didn't have error but when loading it in WiiScrubber to check the iso it said error on load and had to dump using Waninkoko's tool.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks pelago, I forgot about that.
This being said the overhead, the lack of use in general purpose (of the terabyte or so of drives around here 90% of that is games or video, neither or which compress well) and that most linux NTFS drivers do not get along with such things may make this less than ideal.

Looking around though it seems a few things support compressed isos and daemon tools (popular freeware-ish image mounting software) already supports isz files. Guess I should have done some searching before typing.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope it's not fake because imho Nintendo really put in crap drives in so many Wii's, thousands of people claiming noise from drives read errors etc.

Anyway, I won't shout fake because it seems quite close to the drive doctor, and many called that fake at first but time proved it to be real. So fingers crossed.

It's not just a drive to usb wire as they have a few chips that must somehow relay the data differently, so what do the chips do and can they be replaced by pc software.

If this is real, I for one will be building a piicii or sumin
tongue.gif

Oh and you can burn your games still if you run out of room on your HDD, and then just put the backup into the pc drive and copy the img back using imgburn etc, done this many times, takes about 8 minutes and I've never had 1 single problem (hold shift on most windows to save windows trying to read the DVD on insert), so you wouldn't need to re-download etc or rip your games.

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
I hope it's real (and that it'll make progress towards an external drive iso loader, would help out a lot... or at least make me even lazier) but have no real opinion one way or the other on it's authenticity.

ausdamn said:
REASON WHY I KNOW THIS IS A FAKE

look at this video..
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=zNJVSYFkHWU

look at when he pans the camera back out the drive LED light it lit up to show us that a disc has recently been inserted...
nice try wank0r...fake..

I can't say for sure because I've never taken apart a Wii but... could the lighting be not directly connected to the dvd drive? If it is an indirect connection, an emulated drive such as this one would display the same lighting effects while in use. (And, lighting shouldn't be an end all proof, I've seen my wii light up at the most random times... mainly wifi related)

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
picano said:
I hope it's real (and that it'll make progress towards an external drive iso loader, would help out a lot... or at least make me even lazier) but have no real opinion one way or the other on it's authenticity.

ausdamn said:

look at this video..

look at when he pans the camera back out the drive LED light it lit up to show us that a disc has recently been inserted...
nice try wank0r...fake..

I can't say for sure because I've never taken apart a Wii but... could the lighting be not directly connected to the dvd drive? If it is an indirect connection, an emulated drive such as this one would display the same lighting effects while in use. (And, lighting shouldn't be an end all proof, I've seen my wii light up at the most random times... mainly wifi related)
where the lights are and the blue led light plug goes is on the main board.

kytran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
they are connected to the MB.
like a CPU usuage style

just like when you have it on wii internet 24 and there is a update it glows on its own.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ausdamn said:

look at this video..

nice try wank0r...fake..

then you have not watched a wii have discs inserted and ejected watch the video again everytime he does something on the pc its emulating either disc insertion or ejecting these are both times the drive led lights. the LED does not connect to the drive it connects to the main board if the software stops like he does with NFSU in that vid the led flashes because the wii thinks the disc ejected it flashes again when the app is restarted (disc insertion).

im in no way saying its real tho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O