Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting so damned frustrated with this fucking thing. I tried with my onboard SATA chipset, it didn't work. I got myself the recommended VIA 6421 card, and it still doesn't work. JF never recognizes my drive, Windows never recognizes my drive. Inside the "firmware" folder for JF, the "Place Firmware Here!" file says it expects files such as ix151-benq.bin, that it won't recognize renamed files, and JF Tutorial says to download the latest LT from "the usual sources". Me, not being from the scene, don't know what the usual source is, though I am pretty sure I have found it, and downloading the official LT 3.0+ FW pack has a bunch of LT files that aren't named what JF is looking for.

I'm at wits end with this thing. JF doesn't even give me the option to force it into PortIO mode, despite the driver loading. Does anyone have some sort of a suggestion on what to do?

Connected with a CK3 Mini via Molex (not USB), VIA 6421, Windows 7 X64, MSI 790FX-GD70 mobo, Hitachi GDR-3120L drive,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The "Usual place" is Xbins.

Its a IRC channel that distributes drive firmwares and homebrew.

As for the Hitachi drive,
Have you set Mode B correctly to the drive? (also Ck3).

I flashed one before with the X360USB and then spoofed it to a Liteon without a hassle.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the FW pack, same as I had downloaded from the iExtreme forum.

Anyway, as far as I know, I am now setting Mode B correctly, but it still isn't working. Disable driver sig enforcing before boot, connect drive (powered with CK3 Mini) to VIA card with drivers removed, run JF as admin, only show VIA ports in the DVDKey32 tab, on the Hitachi tab switch it to port IO.

Once in a while one of the ports will show the drive, at which point I press the switch on the Mini to eject it, switch off the drive, click okay, wait for the dots to show, and switch the drive back on. "Mode B Set!" JFTut says to double press open, then close to verify mode B was sent correctly, but JF says "Drive aborted operation."

And now it's just not picking up my drive again.
Edit - my BenQ won't get picked up either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night