Hacking Flashcart for homebrew

Muzer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking to buy a flash cart for my recently-purchased 3DS. I'm looking to do the following things on it:

* Run DSi-mode homebrew on my 3DS
* Run DS-mode homebrew on my DS Lite that requires GBA expansions, including DSLinux (with my Opera RAM expansion)

So, is this possible? I know the CycloDS iEvolution was originally perfect for this, but with system updates, it's become a bit of a problem, as I read that it's difficult to change it into DSi mode which is required for 3DS compatibility, and Wifi doesn't work when you do.

I've been looking at the Acekard 2i but it's far from clear whether or not this actually runs in DSi mode, taking advantage of the extra CPU and RAM, etc.

Muzer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, right. Is there any way to set it to DSi mode yet without a non-updated DSi or 3DS? Or is it worth waiting to buy until something like this comes along?

Muzer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I'm going to wait for something properly DSi-mode-compatible to come out, I'll probably just stick with what I have now - my biggest frustration is the lack of DSLinux support, but apart from that, it works well enough on my DS Lite. I can wait a few months without being able to run anything on the 3DS, after all. (It's the R4 SDHC Upgrade that I have currently, the one that has www.r4i-sdhc.com as the homepage).

Muzer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just think it would be good future proofing - I have already seen two or three pieces of homebrew that are enhanced in DSi-mode due to the extra CPU and RAM, and I think it'd be a very good thing to have in case DSi homebrew does take off at some point. 3DS homebrew doesn't look like it's going to be appearing any time fast, but DSi homebrew is already possible, so I'm surprised there isn't more of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill