Hacking What is the current state of DS/3DS download play reverse engineering?

Melsbacksfriend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I would like to know the current state of reverse engineering download play. My goal is to be able to send small homebrew apps that fit into RAM via download play. I'm pretty sure such a thing would require luma on the target console due to signatures, but I still think it'd be cool. The main purpose of this project is to send from any device with 802.11 wifi to the 3ds, not just another 3ds. I looked it up and download play apparently uses some form of 802.11 wifi but what else is/isn't known?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you already read about haxxstation? That is of course a DS mode thing. It even works on stock firmware, but I think people have largely lost interest in it since installing CFW is more straightforward – which might be why people are less interested in figuring out 3DS Download Play.

Reactions: IC_

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hello, I would like to know the current state of reverse engineering download play. My goal is to be able to send small homebrew apps that fit into RAM via download play. I'm pretty sure such a thing would require luma on the target console due to signatures, but I still think it'd be cool. The main purpose of this project is to send from any device with 802.11 wifi to the 3ds, not just another 3ds. I looked it up and download play apparently uses some form of 802.11 wifi but what else is/isn't known?
https://github.com/Wack0/pialeasenerf-PoC That just released uds via pia exploit will indeed send homebrew over download play, but it's not fully implemented. By that, I mean it won't load .3dsx yet, but you've got rop and arm exe. UDS is pretty well documented on 3dbrew and 3ds-examples and this project.

It needs luma on the source console but not the target. And yes, it needs a second 3ds because no one's implemented 3ds dlp on PC/whatever.

Reactions: Stefano_Lassandro

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I’m understanding you correctly maybe this repository will help you. The creator has a fully implemented multiplayer mode that works via download play

https://github.com/WiIIiam278/breaking-bad-ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game