Hacking Flashcards and traveling

Azure42893

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going on a trip out of country soon. Would I encounter any problems at the airports if I had a flash cart (AK2i), by any chance? Flying to Asia. Last time I went was about 2 years ago, and I was fine before. Have there been any changes? (I apologize if these questions seem idiotic. And yes, I did search first, but that thread is just about 2 years old.)

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There shouldn't be. They can't even detect your flashcart btw...Unless you show them or they think it's some kind of weapon. And I don't think you have to worry about that when leaving the US. More like when arriving, but then again, it shouldn't be a problem...

Personally, I have never heard of anyone having their flashcart taken away at the airport..

Xoo00o0o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might have problems if you run up to the guards and say i have a device to pirate games lolololol.
laugh.gif

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lolcat said:
You might have problems if you run up to the guards and say i have a device to pirate games lolololol.
laugh.gif
I took my R4 through the airport once, the guards took it away and i've been in jail ever-since..I'm typing this message from a old computer in our jail library...

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zeromac said:
Lolcat said:
laugh.gif
I took my R4 through the airport once, the guards took it away and i've been in jail ever-since..I'm typing this message from a old computer in our jail library...

I feel ya, I had to do 20 years in there just because I wanted to play my roms on the plane
frown.gif

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
nope you wouldnt get into trouble.

I was playing my DS with my acekard last year on the 7th of April all the way to 11th of April(yup, think 7-11, an easy way of remembering my vacation) and i was playing touch mechanic as well.

Well, long story short, nothing happened, other than i had to keep my DS in my bag during the duration of the journey.

You will only get into trouble if like the others have mentioned, if you ran up infront of them and tell them that the device that you have is able to play pirated stuff.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you may want to take a normal game with you, since they may ask you to turn it on to prove it isn't a bomb. I have heard of peoples laptops being taken to pieces because they forgot to charge their battery and wouldn't turn on....

even if you do turn it on with a flashcard, you will have to be very unlucky to find a guard that cares, and they would have to prove that the games on there are not backups.

bennyroger

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Your cart is no worse than a MP3 player like ipod, flashcarts are 100% legal in most countries in the world.
Its illegal to download roms you don't own, its illegal to download music you don't own.
Of course I own every single title of game or mp3 I have on my players
wink.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've been traveling by air both nationally and internationally several times now with a DS and never got a problem at the airport !
Heck last time I went to Italy ( I was supposed to visit my sister and stay there for a prolonged time something like 2 months ) I even brought the Wii with me and an external USB drive in my laptop bag (instead of the laptop ) and I didn't have any problem....they even had special directions with people with game consoles like Wii or PS3 because you can't really turn them on like a laptop , but other then taking it out of the bag , I didn;t have any problem.
Oh and I was flying from New York, I don't know if there is a place in the world with more annoying security controls !

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, this reminds me of my flight to england.

There was an old woman sitting next to me with an r4 clone. She was playing brain training, trying to touch the top screen, basically slamming the stylus into it. I helped her out needless to say and then she got it, but found it boring after 10 minutes.

scoutwild

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if there would be a problem then i guess i would be broken. been travelling a lot between CA and US and everything is cool. easy dude.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup