Flash2Advance Ultra on Vista

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by kane91801, Nov 29, 2009.

1. kane91801
    OP

kane91801 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    Alright I have a Flash2advance ultra that i decided that i want to use and play some more GBA games but i no longer have XP comps and This doesnt seem to install correctly on a Vista computer. I have two vista computers one is 64X another is 32x

Is there anyone to get the Powerwriter working on a vista computer? IF you can help me out ill really appreciate it. ill even send you a bit of cash via paypal if you want it.

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
    No unsigned 32bit driver works on a 64bit system. You also only have a 50/50 chance of working on the 32bit version.

3. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    I was never able to get the drivers to install correctly on my Vista 32-bit laptop. Refused to work correctly. As a workaround, I tried installing if2a, which has limited support for the F2AU. The installation went fine, but as soon as I tried to actually connect to the cart, I got a blue screen of death. Tried it again, same thing, so I uninstalled everything.

It looks like you'll have to find an XP computer to flash your F2AU with. No other way around it, sorry to say.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice