Flash2Advance Ultra on Vista

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by kane91801, Nov 29, 2009.

Nov 29, 2009

Flash2Advance Ultra on Vista by kane91801 at 1:37 AM (1,368 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. kane91801
    OP

Newcomer kane91801 Newbie

United States
    Alright I have a Flash2advance ultra that i decided that i want to use and play some more GBA games but i no longer have XP comps and This doesnt seem to install correctly on a Vista computer. I have two vista computers one is 64X another is 32x

Is there anyone to get the Powerwriter working on a vista computer? IF you can help me out ill really appreciate it. ill even send you a bit of cash via paypal if you want it.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    No unsigned 32bit driver works on a 64bit system. You also only have a 50/50 chance of working on the 32bit version.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I was never able to get the drivers to install correctly on my Vista 32-bit laptop. Refused to work correctly. As a workaround, I tried installing if2a, which has limited support for the F2AU. The installation went fine, but as soon as I tried to actually connect to the cart, I got a blue screen of death. Tried it again, same thing, so I uninstalled everything.

It looks like you'll have to find an XP computer to flash your F2AU with. No other way around it, sorry to say.