Homebrew Flash cart recommendation (3DS Roms/eShop)

Spikey699

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks,

I know there's a wealth of info out there, but I'm drowning in all the new info since I was last looking into this (1-2 years ago).

Basically, I have an 'old' 3DSXL and would like to be able to play 3DS Roms and eShop Roms. I already have a DSTwo for DS games/etc.

I guess I should use a flash cart? I accidentally updated to 11.0 FW tonight without thinking, so I'm guessing CFW and hax are out of the question.

If so, which one? From what I know, Gateway and Sky are the options?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
- Spike

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If you're on 11.0, you're out of luck as of now.

Your only option is a Sky3DS which works only with regular 3DS roms.

Cartridge games only, no eshop stuff

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Hey folks,

I know there's a wealth of info out there, but I'm drowning in all the new info since I was last looking into this (1-2 years ago).

Basically, I have an 'old' 3DSXL and would like to be able to play 3DS Roms and eShop Roms. I already have a DSTwo for DS games/etc.

I guess I should use a flash cart? I accidentally updated to 11.0 FW tonight without thinking, so I'm guessing CFW and hax are out of the question.

If so, which one? From what I know, Gateway and Sky are the options?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
- Spike
like the post above me, if you're on 11.0 just get a sky3ds. If in the future, it's possible to downgrade, just install a9lh+cfw(don't buy a gateway).

Pokéidiot

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you are on the 11.0, your only choice is a Sky3DS. If a downgrading method for this version ever be released, follow Plailect's guide in order to hack your console (to use homebrew, arm9loaderhax, cfw, etc). You can do this on lower versions, thou. And remember: NEVER prefer Gateway products (aka Brickway or Gatewait)

Here's the guide. Quite complicated but worth doing.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.