Error 007-2640 when trying to connect to the Eshop (Japanese New 3DS LL, NOT REGION CHANGED)

Xiphosuran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, hoping maybe I can find help here with this issue.
About a year or so ago, I purchased a NTSC-J New 3DS LL online so I could mod it. I did so, successfully as far as I can tell. Been loving it ever since. The only problem is, seeing as the Eshop is closing down in a couple weeks, I've been trying to get into the eshop with no luck.
I get error 007-2640, which when I google it, I only find results for "007-2670", which seem to be an issue with DNS.
I've tried using different DNS, as well as using different wifi connections/mobile hotspot. I've also tried connected via VPN thru a server in tokyo with no luck. The system has never been region changed. I'm out of ideas and my next move is buying a ntsc-u 3ds so I can grab what i want before it's too late. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: orangy57

TalentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you sure you're connected to the Internet?
Can you access your friend list?

It could be due to several reasons.
- No Internet
- eShop in your region is under maintenance
- Another app is causing trouble
- System memory is full
- A system restart is required

And maybe several other reasons.
I suggest you try restarting your device first (shutting it down properly).
Also check if your friend list is working.
If your access to your friend list is also interrupted (And you checked the list above), then a worst case scenario might be the culprit which is that your N3DS is banned.
However, let's not consider the worst case situation yet.
If your friend list works fine and it's just the eShop not working, then Nintendo might ubdergo some maintenance for real. They're about to prepare the permanent shutdown of the eShop after all.
In this case just try again later or tomorrow.

Cheers
TalentX

Xiphosuran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Friends list gives me a "001-0803" error. I hadn't tried the friends list before, but I have been trying the eshop for several weeks. I see bars indicating a connection and network tests show no problem.

TalentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This code "001-0803" indicates that nintendo services are under maintenance.

I suggest you try again later today.

Edit:
Also check your console clock and date. Correct it if it's wrong and try again.

Xiphosuran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This code "001-0803" indicates that nintendo services are under maintenance.

I suggest you try again later today.

Edit:
Also check your console clock and date. Correct it if it's wrong and try again.
Date was correct, although I did have to adjust the hour ahead for DST. Still no dice with either the eshop or friends list. Am I left to assume this 3DS was banned before I bought it?
EDIT: Also noticing the web browser does not work either, despite good wifi connection.

Last edited by Xiphosuran,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Date was correct, although I did have to adjust the hour ahead for DST. Still no dice with either the eshop or friends list. Am I left to assume this 3DS was banned before I bought it?
EDIT: Also noticing the web browser does not work either, despite good wifi connection.
was it bought first hand or second hand? And from that error. its not one that i know of linked with a banned console.

TalentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, not sure what's happening. I also don't think it's a ban. If your console was banned, you'd receive another error code.

I guess you have to troubleshoot through trial and error.

I would start checking if you can access the eshop by logging into another wifi network, e.g. from a friend or relative living near you (or try using mobile hotspot from your mobile phone which needs to access the internet through your SIM, not wifi).
Maybe your integrated firewall from your router is denying access to specific ports that are required.

Another theory could be your Nintendo ID Account being blocked by Nintendo.
I am not sure but afaik in order to access the japanese eshop you have to use a japanese Nintendo ID Account. The Nintendo Shops are region locked.

But I assume you already had access to the eshop on this console before?
Or is it like that for the whole year ever since you purchased it?
It would be good if you can give us more details about your console, and the problem you are experiencing like when exactly it started, things you did before it started etc.

Also try updating Luma3DS if you haven't done it already, and check whether the OS has new updates too.
Tell us what versions you're running.

Cheers
TalentX

Xiphosuran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, not sure what's happening. I also don't think it's a ban. If your console was banned, you'd receive another error code.

I guess you have to troubleshoot through trial and error.

I would start checking if you can access the eshop by logging into another wifi network, e.g. from a friend or relative living near you (or try using mobile hotspot from your mobile phone which needs to access the internet through your SIM, not wifi).
Maybe your integrated firewall from your router is denying access to specific ports that are required.

Another theory could be your Nintendo ID Account being blocked by Nintendo.
I am not sure but afaik in order to access the japanese eshop you have to use a japanese Nintendo ID Account. The Nintendo Shops are region locked.

But I assume you already had access to the eshop on this console before?
Or is it like that for the whole year ever since you purchased it?
It would be good if you can give us more details about your console, and the problem you are experiencing like when exactly it started, things you did before it started etc.

Also try updating Luma3DS if you haven't done it already, and check whether the OS has new updates too.
Tell us what versions you're running.

Cheers
TalentX
I figured it out, only to have the issue happen again.
I updated luma to the newest version (12, i was on 11) and the eshop started working like a charm! I was able to browse and download pokemon bank!

So, i decided I'd buy a JPN eshop code, connect my NNID with a new japanese nintendo account, and add the funds. I did all of this successfully... but now the eshop is back to giving me the same exact error...
I can't catch a break lol. I sure hope this is just server maintenance or just random downtime, because I have no idea what else would start it doing this again after updating luma seemed to fix it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.