Fix a 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by hundshamer, Oct 30, 2009.

Oct 30, 2009

Fix a 360 by hundshamer at 6:10 AM (780 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. hundshamer
    OP

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I just got a 360 from a friend who swapped the disc drives without doing anything to the firmware. As it stands it will play DVDs but not games. Is there anyway to fix this?

2. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    ROFL. if he still has the original drive. Extract the Key and flash it on to the new drive. Other than that I doubt their is another way

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    In the unlikely event your friend has not done the August 11th 2009 update or any subsequent ones you have the option of homebrew that can then extract the key.
    More:
    http://www.free60.org/JTAG_Hack

4. hundshamer
    OP

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    He has updated. I'm not sure, but I thought if he really swapped the drives without the firmware that the drive wouldn't work at all. Am I wishfully thinking because it reads movies? Or would it only effect games? If it wouldn't work altogether then he might have been thinking of a differnt 360.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Swapping drives without fiddling with the firmware is the same as losing the key (except if you have the original drive you have a chance of getting it back). The drive will work for DVDs and you can use the downloadable 360 games but no chance of actual 360 games copied or otherwise.