Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
halo.jpg

Microsoft's Chief Financial Officer Dennis Durkin is quite proud of the first-party games released by his company and its partners for the Xbox 360, saying that, in terms of sales and quality, they have trumped exclusive games for rival platforms like the PlayStation 3 or Nintendo Wii.

All current platforms have had some extremely impressive exclusive titles, from Microsoft's Halo, to Sony's Uncharted or Nintendo's Super Mario Bros., but there's only one console that's the real winner, at least in the eyes of Microsoft, and that is, surprising to almost no one, its own Xbox 360.

According to the company's CFO, Dennis Durkin, Xbox 360 first-party titles have sold the most units and become the most critically acclaimed titles.

"I would ask you to go and look at some of your data, just to compare first party performance over the course of this lifecycle, because I think our first party performance in terms of quality bars and units per title this shift has been superior to our competition's," Durkin told Industry Gamers.

The website quickly took a look at the Metacritic average rating for games published by Microsoft's Game Studios, which achieved a score of 75, and compared it to Nintendo, which got 77, and Sony, which earned 74.

Durkin continued, however, saying that first-party games not only manage to sell lots of titles, with franchises like Forza Motorsport or Fable shipping millions of units, but also, through the new Kinect franchises, showcase where third-party companies should go.

"But certainly we think first party is an important tool and you can't dispute titles like Forza, which has consistently come out on a repeated cadence and sold multi-million units. And now new titles, like Kinect Sports, which has come out and sold over 3 million units. So we are, not only building existing IP and incubating around titles like Halo and others, but really building new IP in new areas. And that's going to be core to us... to build those experiences and monetize those."

While Durkin may be extremely confident in his company's Xbox 360, all platforms have received a lot of quality first-party titles, so, in the end, many gamers were treated with quality experiences no matter their preferred consoles.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Oh, Really now Mr. Durkin? Sounds to me like over confident crap talk.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fail troll is fail. I can understand why someone might say the 360 is better than the wii (Although I'd humbly disagree) the PS3 definitely holds its own against the 360 as far as exclusive 1st party titles.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Well, Pachter says Nintendo's are better. I'M GOING TO MAKE A NEWS THREAD ABOUT IT.

But seriously, he said this in response.

"Dennis is a great guy, and is paid to be loyal to his Microsoft family. I think Nintendo's first-party content is vastly superior to either other console manufacturer's, and don't think that either Sony or Microsoft would really dispute that."[/p]

Source

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Haha, pretty confident ayyy
tongue.gif
I love some of the first party stuff from Microsoft, but they cant say they are better than Sony or Nintendo. Its a pretty tough competition, and I have all consoles for the sake of playing their first party and exclusive stuff.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Microsoft's Chief Financial officer says games from the company he works for are better then the competition
Well obviously he'd say this.
If it were a different company's employee they'd probably say the same thing, but for their company instead.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ZaeZae64 said:
QUOTE said:
Microsoft's Chief Financial officer says games from the company he works for are better then the competition
Well obviously he'd say this.
If it were a different company's employee they'd probably say the same thing, but for their company instead.
LoL, agree.

When you wanna count sales, I am sure Nintendo beats Sony and Microsoft anyday with their first party stuff.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just waiting for Guild to come in and back him up, and trying to make Nintendo look bad.

I'm not gonna say he's wrong, but the only way to see which of the 3 is most successful is to go to the gamers and ask.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Slyakin said:
I'm just waiting for Guild to come in and back him up, and trying to make Nintendo look bad.

I'm not gonna say he's wrong, but the only way to see which of the 3 is most successful is to go to the gamers and ask.
Well, that way you would never really get your answer.
Just rely on the "sales" lol.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:

Not gonna happen.

I think the only games with Microsoft Game Studios on it that I've enjoyed was the original Dungeon Siege and Mass Effect. Most of the time they just end up publishing the games and hardly develop them.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ikki said:
Well, Pachter says Nintendo's are better. I'M GOING TO MAKE A NEWS THREAD ABOUT IT.

But seriously, he said this in response.

"Dennis is a great guy, and is paid to be loyal to his Microsoft family. I think Nintendo's first-party content is vastly superior to either other console manufacturer's, and don't think that either Sony or Microsoft would really dispute that."[/p]

Source

Difference is: Pachter doesn't work for Nintendo
tongue.gif

Besides, that Sony dude who trash talked (Microsoft and) Nintendo / boasted Sony got his fair number of news threads before...

Reactions: Mama Looigi

spoonmanx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Desperate statements for desperate times.. Microsoft must be a bit scared about the PS3 exclusives to say something like that.

Xbox 360 Exclusives: Halo Anniversary, Halo 4, Halo 5, Gears 3
PS3 Exclusives: Twisted Metal, White Knight Chronicles, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection, Journey, The Last Guardian

I have the PS3, Wii, and 360 and personally enjoy them in that order.

Also,
Guild McCommunist said:
Slyakin said:

Not gonna happen.

I think the only games with Microsoft Game Studios on it that I've enjoyed was the original Dungeon Siege and Mass Effect. Most of the time they just end up publishing the games and hardly develop them.

Mass Effect is BioWare.
smile.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"My signature is better than yours."
Regardless of whether or not this statement is true, I can say it and no one can prove me wrong because it's A FUCKING OPINION.
Opinions have no place in statistics, and this statement has no bearing on the real world. He's just stroking his company's ego. I'm pretty sure he's paid to do that.

Remember: Just because he said it, doesn't make it true. Mostly because almost all of Xbox's first party games are Halo and other overrated FPS (if the irony of what I just said is lost on you, please cry about it).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-