Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
So I take it that you didn't like Halo?

I played Halo CE and Halo 2 but they were pretty forgettable.

I bought Halo 3 sometime last year, played it once and never touched it again.

Halo Reach is probably the best of the series and is decently fun for casual multiplayer.

But overall there's much better FPS games that are in the same competitive vein as it.

spoonmanx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
spoonmanx said:
Mass Effect is BioWare.
smile.gif

It was published by Microsoft Game Studios.

Ahh, well I didn't know that.

Publishers aren't very meaningful to me.
It's the developer that really matters.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Slyakin said:

Halo Reach is probably the best of the series and is decently fun for casual multiplayer.

But overall there's much better FPS games that are in the same competitive vein as it.
Personally I thought CE was the best, but I guess that's just me.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never really liked the Halo games, except if I'm playing with friends.

The story is confusing as fuck (it's the Kingdom Hearts of shooters!), the online is impossible for me (either I suck ass or these people have been training their whole lives), and it feels clunky and kind of old, even with Reach.

I'm having way more fun with Borderlands right now.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Slyakin said:

Personally I thought CE was the best, but I guess that's just me.
Same here.
I still found it very, very forgettable and monotonous.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't give a fuck who makes the games. I'm paying for a great game, not a great label. Sure, I put a little more faith in companies that have treated me well in the past like Bioware, but I really don't care. Just because a game is made by a certain company doesn't mean it'll be good. I draw your attention to Final Fantasy's recent fall from grace, the steady decline in quality in the Tony Hawk franchise, and of course the legendary abomination that was the Virtual Boy. Names don't mean shit.

spoonmanx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
Don't give a fuck who makes the games. I'm paying for a great game, not a great label. Sure, I put a little more faith in companies that have treated me well in the past like Bioware, but I really don't care. Just because a game is made by a certain company doesn't mean it'll be good. I draw your attention to Final Fantasy's recent fall from grace, the steady decline in quality in the Tony Hawk franchise, and of course the legendary abomination that was the Virtual Boy. Names don't mean shit.

You're right about not putting faith into a game company. On the other hand a wizard of a game designer can continue to produce
amazing titles for those companies. For me it's important to keep track of and support those designers no matter which company they end up producing
games for.

And well, after 8 games about skateboarding of course they are going to get a little stale. I think Neversoft is
doing those for the paycheck at this point.
tongue.gif

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Slyakin said:
I never really liked the Halo games, except if I'm playing with friends.

The story is confusing as fuck (it's the Kingdom Hearts of shooters!), the online is impossible for me (either I suck ass or these people have been training their whole lives), and it feels clunky and kind of old, even with Reach.

I'm having way more fun with Borderlands right now.
KH confusing?

On topic, I like Nintendo first party more, but that's it.

princefarzan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
spoonmanx said:
Desperate statements for desperate times.. Microsoft must be a bit scared about the PS3 exclusives to say something like that.

Xbox 360 Exclusives: Halo Anniversary, Halo 4, Halo 5, Gears 3
PS3 Exclusives: Twisted Metal, White Knight Chronicles, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection, Journey, The Last Guardian

I have the PS3, Wii, and 360 and personally enjoy them in that order.

Also,
Guild McCommunist said:
Slyakin said:
I'm just waiting for Guild to come in and back him up, and trying to make Nintendo look bad.

Not gonna happen.

I think the only games with Microsoft Game Studios on it that I've enjoyed was the original Dungeon Siege and Mass Effect. Most of the time they just end up publishing the games and hardly develop them.

Mass Effect is BioWare.
smile.gif
Your fanboy is showing.
You missed Forza 4, and well basically the entire summer of arcade lineup which are all great and exclusive to MS(for now).

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Personally, this comment was made by a person of MS. surely it would want to talk good about it's console. It's their way of business.

Talking about games, I personally find MS first parties to lack variety (amongst the popular ones). Gears of War and halo are both under Shooters. And most other popular first parties are more to graphic intense. A 360 exclusive (non-graphic intense) RPG would be blue dragon, but that's not really popular in our region at least. Forza Motorsport is also not really popular here.

On the other hand, nintendo always hits the top with the malleoz here. It's always like that. People here just buy a Wii to play Mario kart (my friends and relatives are like that)

Sony has a larger variety of popular first parties. You have killzone and little big planet being the main ones. And all are enjoyable as well.

I'm not saying the games are horrible. All are great. But obviously this guy is overrating their 'achievement'.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Personally, this comment was made by a person of MS. surely it would want to talk good about it's console. It's their way of business.

Talking about games, I personally find MS first parties to lack variety (amongst the popular ones). Gears of War and halo are both under Shooters. And most other popular first parties are more to graphic intense. A 360 exclusive (non-graphic intense) RPG would be blue dragon, but that's not really popular in our region at least. Forza Motorsport is also not really popular here.

On the other hand, nintendo always hits the top with the malleoz here. It's always like that. People here just buy a Wii to play Mario kart (my friends and relatives are like that)

Sony has a larger variety of popular first parties. You have killzone and little big planetbeing the main ones. And all are enjoyable as well.

I'm not saying the games are horrible. All are great. But obviously this guy is overrating their 'achievement'.
You kind of just contradicted yourself; You stated that Microsoft has little variety because it had shooters, but you went and complemented Killzone... Which is a shooter.

QUOTE(junkerde @ Jul 19 2011, 07:16 PM) they do have better fp games for xbox than wii cuz wii fucken sucks ass, but im not so sure about the ps3
Wat. Could you explain yourself?

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, he must mean that ONE first party game, which has been rehashed to death. No, it's not better then anything from Nintendo or Sony, but Sony first party games are not all that great to be honest.

spoonmanx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
princefarzan said:
spoonmanx said:
Desperate statements for desperate times.. Microsoft must be a bit scared about the PS3 exclusives to say something like that.

PS3 Exclusives: Twisted Metal, White Knight Chronicles, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection, Journey, The Last Guardian

Also,
Guild McCommunist said:
Slyakin said:
I'm just waiting for Guild to come in and back him up, and trying to make Nintendo look bad.

Not gonna happen.

I think the only games with Microsoft Game Studios on it that I've enjoyed was the original Dungeon Siege and Mass Effect. Most of the time they just end up publishing the games and hardly develop them.

Mass Effect is BioWare.
smile.gif
Your fanboy is showing.
You missed Forza 4, and well basically the entire summer of arcade lineup which are all great and exclusive to MS(for now).

Fanboy? Nope.. Playing more PS3 because 2 of my 360's bit the dust? Yep.
I own just about every system since Pong and play them all pretty regularly. I am the furthest thing from a fanboy you will ever find.
That being said I do have some systems I prefer over others.

I didn't think Forza 4 brought anything to the table that Forza 3 didn't already cover.
I didn't forget it, I merely didn't think it was a big system exclusive...

I suppose I should have added Once upon a Monster for the Kinect too.
tongue.gif

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sales? Sure, why not? Quality? AW HEEEEELLLLLL NAW.
-Little Big Planet
-Super Smash Brothers
-Goddamn New Super Mario Bros
Just a few. Halo's a pretty shit game in comparison to SSB, which I've clocked months of time on. Nothing will ever compare.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
princefarzan said:
spoonmanx said:

Also,
Guild McCommunist said:
Slyakin said:

Not gonna happen.

Mass Effect is BioWare.
smile.gif
Your fanboy is showing.

Well, it's the first-party titles we're talking about, not console exclusives.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
spoonmanx said:
princefarzan said:
Well, it's the first-party titles we're talking about, not console exclusives.
Is there a difference? 1st party games are most often system exclusives...
Name a 1st party console game that is available on other current consoles.

Umm, you quoted the wrong guy with my post...

anyway, turn it around... Name a console exclusive game that isn't first party! There are plenty!
For example... Castlevania, that game on Xbox live arcade... It's made by Konami... not first party.. if it is awesome or not? doesn't matter, we're discussing first party, not exlusives.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse