First-party Xbox games to cost $70 starting 2023

xbox games.JPG

As reported by IGN, Xbox plans to hike the prices of its first-party titles in the new year. Titles like Forza Motorsport, Redfall and Starfield will cost $69.99 USD at launch in 2023. While there might be differences in regional pricing, Xbox didn't provide the details for other countries.

"This price reflects the content, scale, and technical complexity of these titles," a Microsoft spokesperson told IGN. "As with all games developed by our teams at Xbox, they will also be available with Game Pass the same day they launch.”

In October, Phil Spencer hinted at such a price hike and we now have a confirmation; at least when it comes to first party Xbox games. For the time being, the pricing for Xbox's other offerings such as Game Pass has remained unchanged and will be the case until the end of the year.

:arrow: SOURCE

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're sure trying to box in users with that pricing, and with it most of them will go with Game Pass instead (if they didn't already), thus making it almost a necessity on all their platforms.
Not saying the price increase is unwarranted btw..

Trojaner

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, most times i wait a long time for an Sale and get Titles i wanna play cheap. Until then there are still enough Sites for Backups until a nice Sale hits the Road. :rofl2:

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
Same go for PlayStation 5 1st party games for 70 dollars each.

Crazy high prices. We and people should ignore 70 dollars for years then company will make price cut down to around 30 - 40 dollars next or few years. Similar to Nintendo games at 60 dollars are too much should be around 20 - 30 dollars are good enough.

Best to buy gaming computer and play all games in no times than waiting for price go down for Xbox and PlayStation games. B-)

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[ motivation to pirate intensifies ]
Well that's not really an option if you're an Xbox user, so you're stuck with the two options (buying the game or GP) *no piracy*. Otherwise on PC, there are technically ways to get around this situation i guess.. 🤷🏻‍♂️🏴‍☠️
Post automatically merged:

Also who the hell buys games on release nowadays anyway?

Reactions: Y0shII and Halbour

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
as bad as first party sony titles have been, I think Xbox are still the worst of the big three. Forza and Flight Simulator are alright, but pretty much everything else is average at best. but Sony's exclusives launch prices are also too high for my tastes

Reactions: HellGhast

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...