Gaming Firmware Update Compilation thread / List of Flashcards working on 3DS

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh. It really annoys me how their updates are taking weeks to come out. By the time it comes out, the XL will hit the states and I'm sure there'll be another update that renders it useless again. I've heard that the updates have been taking longer because they've been doing tests before releasing the new version, but holy crap! 3 weeks of testing?? I'm about ready to just get a different card that updates more frequently. How is the R4isdhc Dual-Core? I don't want to get the DSTwo just because I hear it still drains battery even in sleep mode.
I would recommend the R4i Gold 3DS from http://www.r4ids.cn/ if you're looking for an alternative to the Acekard 2i (due to lack of updates) or the DSTWO (for the reasons you mentioned).

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if anyone has had a reply from AK2i, but I received a reply today to say they should be releasing a 4.3.1-0 update within a week.

Ugh. It really annoys me how their updates are taking weeks to come out. By the time it comes out, the XL will hit the states and I'm sure there'll be another update that renders it useless again. I've heard that the updates have been taking longer because they've been doing tests before releasing the new version, but holy crap! 3 weeks of testing?? I'm about ready to just get a different card that updates more frequently. How is the R4isdhc Dual-Core? I don't want to get the DSTwo just because I hear it still drains battery even in sleep mode.
You're right, it does drain battery in sleep mode. I even have a Nyko powerpak+ and the thing dies quick by just letting it sit there all day.
So I just have to remember to take it out after playing.

Nice to finally hear news about an update. Though, i swear i'm gonna rage so hard if theres a new Firmware right after the XL comes out

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Don't know if anyone has had a reply from AK2i, but I received a reply today to say they should be releasing a 4.3.1-0 update within a week.

I have a feeling that we will have a similar situation to the previous AK2i update, they will update for 4.3 and Ninty will update within a week. Whether or not it's to do with the XL or not is a different story.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Yup i thought owning an R4i3Ds SDHC and an acekard 2i would keep me set.
And both of them are behind on updates..

For both of you,just have a look at r4i gold 3ds released by www.r4ids.cn, which is officially supported by WOOD R4 and release the updating patch within several hours as fast as dstwo.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
For both of you,just have a look at r4i gold 3ds released by www.r4ids.cn, which is officially supported by WOOD R4 and release the updating patch within several hours as fast as dstwo.

I've already looked at that card and for how much it costs i may buy one as a backup. The 3DS works fine, I only update if its worthy or necessary. I usually update the card anyways when they're released. It's not a biggy for me at the mo. It used to bug me that Acekard delayed in updating/releasing but not so much now.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I've already looked at that card and for how much it costs i may buy one as a backup. The 3DS works fine, I only update if its worthy or necessary. I usually update the card anyways when they're released. It's not a biggy for me at the mo. It used to bug me that Acekard delayed in updating/releasing but not so much now.

You can have a look at the online stores recommended here to get the price:
http://www.r4ids.cn/buy-r4i-e.html

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I found a UK seller that does them cheaper http://www.r4i-dsi-cards.co.uk/R4-3DS-CARDS/R4-Gold-3DS/R4i-Gold-3DS-R4i-gold-3DS-card-for-Nintendo-3DS-DSi-and-DS-%28r4ids.cn%29

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It seems a bit more expensive.
http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/dsi_r4i_gold_slot-1_flashcard_type_d__www_r4ids_cn__3ds_1_4_4_compatible_wood_3ds.html

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

They're trying to be strategic within their updates.
They're trying to make their card last longer.

But for me this is already the time for AK Team to release a new flashcard.

Maybe a new model(new HW version) of Acekard 2i

w00th00t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What's strategic about taking forever to release an update only to have it be rendered useless within the following week by another update? How does that make a card's life longer? It's just making people wait longer to update their 3DSes rather than make the acekard "work longer." They don't need a new flashcard when this one obviously updates just fine. They just need to stop taking so much time with their updates. They're definitely going to start losing people because of this since I've seen many forum posts elsewhere with people recommending other cards over Acekard because it updates so slowly.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What's strategic about taking forever to release an update only to have it be rendered useless within the following week by another update? How does that make a card's life longer? It's just making people wait longer to update their 3DSes rather than make the acekard "work longer." They don't need a new flashcard when this one obviously updates just fine. They just need to stop taking so much time with their updates. They're definitely going to start losing people because of this since I've seen many forum posts elsewhere with people recommending other cards over Acekard because it updates so slowly.

It makes the cards life longer because it doesnt have infinite updates. They wait to make sure there isnt a new one the day afterward (And especially considering the XL and NSMB2 coming next sunday). Otherwise they just wasted an update and shortened the cards lifespan.

If you want to play your 3DS on the current firmware and have Flash Cart usage that bad, buy a new one. Otherwise hush up and let them do their work, they obviously know what they are doing

w00th00t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes the cards life longer because it doesnt have infinite updates.

That makes no sense. A longer lifespan would mean it DID get continued updates since the point of those are to keep it alive.

If you want to play your 3DS on the current firmware and have Flash Cart usage that bad, buy a new one. Otherwise hush up and let them do their work, they obviously know what they are doing

Well I did buy one because I wanted a flashcard that would work on my 3DS. And then they started taking longer periods of time to come out with updates. So I think I have a right so profess my frustration with this since I paid them to give me a product that I assumed would get timely updates. I'm sure they know how to update their card, but a lack of information or status updates over long periods of time beyond "hey, don't update yet!" is not a good way to keep customers. I'd rather not have to spend more money on another flashcard because I don't really have the space in my budget right now to do that.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That makes no sense. A longer lifespan would mean it DID get continued updates since the point of those are to keep it alive.

Well I did buy one because I wanted a flashcard that would work on my 3DS. And then they started taking longer periods of time to come out with updates. So I think I have a right so profess my frustration with this since I paid them to give me a product that I assumed would get timely updates. I'm sure they know how to update their card, but a lack of information or status updates over long periods of time beyond "hey, don't update yet!" is not a good way to keep customers. I'd rather not have to spend more money on another flashcard because I don't really have the space in my budget right now to do that.

Your not getting my point. You might want to check the Acekard forums yourself to see. Because the way the updating process works, it has to use the header of an game that existed before the DSi released, and among those most cant be used properly on the Acekard (Since its an older card). There is only a limited amount of those that work and can be used, and once those are all gone, no more updates.

w00th00t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Your not getting my point. You might want to check the Acekard forums yourself to see. Because the way the updating process works, it has to use the header of an game that existed before the DSi released, and among those most cant be used properly on the Acekard (Since its an older card). There is only a limited amount of those that work and can be used, and once those are all gone, no more updates.

I see. So is it that way with all flash cards?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...