Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Preem

namad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it does not run on 3.0.1-3.0.2.

Edit: I recommend this guide for what you can do with different system versions: https://switch.homebrew.guide/gettingstarted/choosinganexploit

Thanks I was actually reading that website, but since no one had recommended it to me here on gbatemp I wasn't sure if I could trust it! Glad to know I can. (I actually asked these questions here on gbatemp after reading about these new exploits I hadn't heard of before on that other site you linked. I was basically trying to confirm what it said. But of course I was misunderstanding it pretty badly at the same time!)

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
damn...it doesn't seem we are making much visible progress on the patched units front. Nintendo seems to have done a good job protecting the new units.

Reactions: Bigkahuna28

DeathReaper666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn...it doesn't seem we are making much visible progress on the patched units front. Nintendo seems to have done a good job protecting the new units.
something will happen eventually but if nothing happens by next year i may end up biting the bullet and dropping the extra 100-200 bucks for a unpatched switch my games just arent as fun without being able to cheat i cant seem to find the urge to play three houses anymore its hard to want to play it with how bad ng+ was implemented and how scarcely renown is given out

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something will happen eventually but if nothing happens by next year i may end up biting the bullet and dropping the extra 100-200 bucks for a unpatched switch my games just arent as fun without being able to cheat i cant seem to find the urge to play three houses anymore its hard to want to play it with how bad ng+ was implemented and how scarcely renown is given out
Patched units are very secure, and one should not expect more than the following progress:
  1. Patched systems on 4.1.0 are hackable now with Deja Vu as long as the Switch has never connected to the internet (without being protected by 90DNS or PegaScape).
  2. Patched systems on 5.0.0-7.0.1 might be hackable someday in the distant future. The wait will likely be long enough that selling the system and getting an unpatched one is recommended.
  3. Patched systems on 8.0.0 and higher will probably never be hackable.

DeathReaper666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patched units are very secure, and one should not expect more than the following progress:
  1. Patched systems on 4.1.0 are hackable now with Deja Vu as long as the Switch has never connected to the internet (without being protected by 90DNS or PegaScape).
  2. Patched systems on 5.0.0-7.0.1 might be hackable someday in the distant future. The wait will likely be long enough that selling the system and getting an unpatched one is recommended.
sorry thats not me i try to find the bright side of any situation i find myself in no matter how grim it may seem even if its a decade form now it will happen eventually nothing is unhackable

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry thats not me i try to find the bright side of any situation i find myself in no matter how grim it may seem even if its a decade form now it will happen eventually nothing is unhackable
That is idealism, not realism. In reality, there's no reason to think that ipatched Switch systems on 8.0.0 and higher will "eventually be hacked." Nintendo did a great job with security this time around, and even SciresM says it's probably not going to happen.

bqio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

Hm. Any suggestions on a place where I could buy an unpatched switch? In my city, everything is already patched.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. Any suggestions on a place where I could buy an unpatched switch? In my city, everything is already patched.
  1. Get a used Switch, perhaps at a local small business
  2. Get a used Switch that's banned, if you don't care about online play
  3. Check the serial number before making any purchase
There are unpatched units still out there. In addition, if you just can't find anything other than patched systems, check the serial number for one that is on 4.1.0 (if you're buying new). However, unpatched is highly recommended.

riahc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. Patched systems on 8.0.0 and higher will probably never be hackable.

This is a huge statement to make...

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a huge statement to make...
That doesn't make it any less true. If you understand the security Nintendo has in place on the Switch, you will understand that, in the absence of another hardware vulnerability, 8.0.0 and higher is extremely difficult to hack.

If you have a problem with stating that patched systems on 8.0.0 and higher will probably never be hacked, take it up with SciresM. He agrees.

KnightRiderX420

The Anigmatic Anomoly
Trophies
Website
www.beyondwindows10.com
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue. I was overzealous and for quite a while was geting nothing but unpatched units... till yesturday that day came.... got a new on in box.... it failed serial numver checker website then i tried the tegrarcm test ant it got all 000000 so failed there 2. it wont even let me play the 1 xart i got wich is sonic racing without demanding an update just to use the slot... it doesnt even put the icon on the screen it says " to enable cartridges your system must be upgraded.

if thats so then people who stay on fw 4.1 or in my case 5.1 or lower cant use the game slot? I just never ran into this b4. and also now that i have this switch. i'll ask the redundant question any news about fw 5.1 hacking status? the diagram here has a yellow check and says partialy patched. i need more clarification please.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I have an issue. I was overzealous and for quite a while was geting nothing but unpatched units... till yesturday that day came.... got a new on in box.... it failed serial numver checker website then i tried the tegrarcm test ant it got all 000000 so failed there 2. it wont even let me play the 1 xart i got wich is sonic racing without demanding an update just to use the slot... it doesnt even put the icon on the screen it says " to enable cartridges your system must be upgraded.

if thats so then people who stay on fw 4.1 or in my case 5.1 or lower cant use the game slot? I just never ran into this b4. and also now that i have this switch. i'll ask the redundant question any news about fw 5.1 hacking status? the diagram here has a yellow check and says partialy patched. i need more clarification please.
Sometims games need a certain firmware to play them. If your switch is patched and on firmware 5.1.0, there is currently no hack for you. Deja vu wasn't totally patched up to 7.0.1 and you either wait or sell and buy a unpatched console.

riahc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't make it any less true. If you understand the security Nintendo has in place on the Switch, you will understand that, in the absence of another hardware vulnerability, 8.0.0 and higher is extremely difficult to hack.

If you have a problem with stating that patched systems on 8.0.0 and higher will probably never be hacked, take it up with SciresM. He agrees.

I don't really care. Saying something cannot be bypassed is a huge statement. Sooner or later someone will do it. And sure, it's gonna be later way later but it will be done.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care. Saying something cannot be bypassed is a huge statement. Sooner or later someone will do it. And sure, it's gonna be later way later but it will be done.
I didn't say it can't be bypassed. I said it probably won't be.

If you're going to say you don't care about the logistics of the security, you're going to make mistakes. They're relevant.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I didn't say it can't be bypassed. I said it probably won't be.

"probably" has to be Lacius' favourite word.. it is used frequently in probably every discussion they have. It allows them express non-committed opinions on everything and flip flop when and if something comes to fruition they were non-committal about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun