Hacking Firmware status

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello my friend i would like to buy à switch to my son for Christmas but i'm afraid about firmware version. If i have all understand (i'm french and didn't speak well english) the New hardware of the switch Will soon be hackable if firmware is 7.X. Is it True ? What is the stock firmware of the switch witch is buy today ?
Thanks a lot and sorry for my english
“New hardware”? Mariko or patched units?
Patched units will be fully hackable through software up to 7.x, they usually come with firmwares lower than that.
Mariko units will be partially hackable on in the very distant future 8.0.x, they will likely never be fully hackable.

chrissou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
“New hardware”? Mariko or patched units?
Patched units will be fully hackable through software up to 7.x, they usually come with firmwares lower than that.
Mariko units will be partially hackable on in the very distant future 8.0.x, they will likely never be fully hackable.
Thanks a lot my friend, I’will try to find a patched unit version

Skelanimal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having an issue with booting into Atmosphere on 9.0.1. The story is: I have a Let's Go bundle system from when Let's Go first came out. To my satisfaction at the time of last year, the system was exploitable. I can safely say that I was able to boot into CFW on my system up to at least 7.0.1, because I was save editing Splatoon 2 gear at the time. After attempting to boot into CFW on 9.0.1 today in hopes to save edit some pokemon, I was getting the 0x0000 byte issue with TegraGUI, which points to my switch unfortunately being patched - ismyswitchpatched also informs me that I am in the orange range. I have no trouble accepting that my switch is hackable, I have an older model that I can swap too, but my issue is that: wouldn't my switch not have been able to run CFW on firmware 7.0.1 if it was indeed a patched unit? Really could use an answer on here so I don't waste countless hours attempting different methods. Many thanks!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having an issue with booting into Atmosphere on 9.0.1. The story is: I have a Let's Go bundle system from when Let's Go first came out. To my satisfaction at the time of last year, the system was exploitable. I can safely say that I was able to boot into CFW on my system up to at least 7.0.1, because I was save editing Splatoon 2 gear at the time. After attempting to boot into CFW on 9.0.1 today in hopes to save edit some pokemon, I was getting the 0x0000 byte issue with TegraGUI, which points to my switch unfortunately being patched - ismyswitchpatched also informs me that I am in the orange range. I have no trouble accepting that my switch is hackable, I have an older model that I can swap too, but my issue is that: wouldn't my switch not have been able to run CFW on firmware 7.0.1 if it was indeed a patched unit? Really could use an answer on here so I don't waste countless hours attempting different methods. Many thanks!
If you were able to run CFW on your Switch before using the RCM exploit, it is still unpatched and exploitable. Make sure you are using the latest versions of Atmosphere and fusee-primary.

Skelanimal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were able to run CFW on your Switch before using the RCM exploit, it is still unpatched and exploitable. Make sure you are using the latest versions of Atmosphere and fusee-primary.

Thanks a lot for the reply. Not sure what I may be doing wrong, all the files are up-to-date. Hoping it's something silly, like an issue with my OS or the cable I'm using to connect the Switch. Going to test different platforms when I get home. Thanks again!

IPLbug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the firmware tables should be updated as they show hombrew and atmosphere along with other cfw not running on 4.10 caffein ipatched unit when thats actually not true causing possible to update if they just go off the tables shown in this post

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At one end, this helps. On another, it more or less means my red box switch, which shipped with 8.0.1, is SOL for 'sploiting. Kind of at a crossroads whether to sit back or let it update. :switch:

Halm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
So just to check, is there a way for me to, on starting up the Switch, be allowed to boot into CFW (notably SxOS firmware) without using pin/dongle? For Wii U it was boot to OFW then press a button to boot into CFW...something like that.

So far it sounds like DeJa Vu exploit, since I have one unpatched with OFW 4.1...but it requires like 2-3 button presses to launch the CFW?

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just to check, is there a way for me to, on starting up the Switch, be allowed to boot into CFW (notably SxOS firmware) without using pin/dongle? For Wii U it was boot to OFW then press a button to boot into CFW...something like that.

So far it sounds like DeJa Vu exploit, since I have one unpatched with OFW 4.1...but it requires like 2-3 button presses to launch the CFW?
Not currently. No user interaction CFW booting is a very very difficult thing to do (especially a coldboot variant), especially on an already very secure platform.

bibleblack2020

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello there! I have a question and I need help. I recently updated my FW to 9.2.0 and my Atmosphere is running 10.5.0. But now all my NSPs are not running. What did I do wrong and how do I fix this? I updated to 9.2.0 because Person 5 said I need a system update.

drrastovac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: MrCokeacola

Fricke8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a nintendo switch with the ofw 9.1 with the error message 2002-3580 (power failure when updating)so I turn switch on the first what happens is that I must complete the first settings like country, language then it chrashs I've already tried everything. recovery mode all 3 options tried the same errors every time E2002-3580 .atmosphere chrash directly after the logo with E2002-3580 can I fix with hekate or whatever?its possible to boot from hekate directly on choidujournx?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Attachments

• IMG-20200520-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20200520-WA0003.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 222
Last edited by Fricke8,
Reactions: MrCokeacola

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.