Hacking Firmware 1.18 not working!!

digiblaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After trying (and failing) to play the new Etrian Odyssey (Getting an error message something along the lines of 'Couldn't access the save file') I decided that it was about time to update my firmware, having used 1.16 for so long. Anyway, after setting everything up, I load my DS and get a black screen showing 'Loading...', at which point it seems to give up and do nothing.

Firstly, what confuses me most is the files in the update folder. In addition to the normal folders and files, there is a new one, '_AX_MENU.DAT', which as far as I can remember has never been included in any updates so far. At first, I tried ignoring it and just uploaded the other files. This didn't work, so I included it, still no luck.

The 'Introduction' Word Document doesn't help either. All it says is to copy those files and folders over to my SD card and put the SD card in my r4. Which I've done.

I don't think it's anything to do with my r4 - I've only had it a little over 8 months.

Does anybody have any idea what is happening, and more importantly, what can I do?

Thanks for any help you can give!

P.S. About two weeks ago, my DS crashed randomly, corrupting the SD card and everything on it. Is this a sign that it could be the SD card causing the problems?

P.P.S. It's a 2 GB card.

digiblaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Doubt it, got this straight from the r4ds website, after finally being able to access the downloads page.

Oh, and I'm just copying everything back on now, it's been formatted.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
np
smile.gif
glad to help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope...