Firefox: An error occured please try again later

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I have updated Firefox to the latest beta, installed the newest Java, cleaned the cookies, activated the Java plugin but still get this damn annoying message which always shows up on all videos.

However, if I watch on Opera there's absolutely no errors at all.

What can I do to fix this?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Fully switch to Opera?

Honestly, Idk if FF fixed their memory leak issues but using beta builds of browsers isn't always a good idea.
Not only that but Mozilla needs to realize, as well as Google that high version numbers doesn't mean quality software.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I watch YouTube videos on my Wii U's Opera browser which works flawlessly, on a different PC with Firefox no probs but on this one it messes up itself.

I'd seriously like to get rid of this damn bug or whatever.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go to tools tab
options
advanced
general
browsing
uncheck "enable hardware acceleration when available"

see if that works

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try to completely wipe Firefox from your system then install it clean rather than on top of your old version.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
You could try to completely wipe Firefox from your system then install it clean rather than on top of your old version.

I've gotten rid of the Beta Firefox and reinstalled the Stable Firefox that's currently out but if you mean literally a clean installation.. that'd require me to reinstall the add-ons I have for it (10-15).

go to tools tab
options
advanced
general
browsing
uncheck "enable hardware acceleration when available"

see if that works

Tried it and it didn't work. God dammit Mozilla get your shit together! I do recall the earlier versions of Firefox not giving me this bullshit.

Have you considered malware? Possibly the stream hijacking variety?

Malware? KIS 2013 is always activated and if any virus of some sort it'd recognise so I guess it's not that.

Oh crap.. April isn't too far away and I'll need to upgrade to Windows 7 by then. Yes, I'm still using Windows XP.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How would Java help? You need Flash Player to play most videos, not Java. Is Flash Player installed and up to date? I think the latest is 12.something. I use Firefox with no issues here.

Reactions: Rydian

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
like arras said make sure flash player is installed and up to date, then you should be good to go.....................sudeki300

Dhampir

Junker
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly recommend Pale Moon, it's Firefox but highly optimized. I ditched Firefox for Chrome for years but then switched to Pale Moon a couple months ago. It's phenomenal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.