Firebird mini gaming rig priced at $1800

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Jan 2, 2009.

1. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    [​IMG]

"That mini-PC gaming rig I was all excited about last year just got priced. The PC with a small footprint and an even smaller environmental footprint will start at $1,800.

The Vista-based Firebird will come with quad-core Intel Core 2 processors of up to 2.83 Ghz (note they don't tell you what the base line comes with), 4GB of DDS2-800 memory and dual Nvidia Geforce 9800S video cards with 1 GB of memory. The computer uses notebook PC components, meaning its maximum energy usage is a mere 350 watts. An external power supply means that it's also much quieter.

The computer also includes twin hard drive bays, 6 USB ports, an eSATA connector and dual-link DVI and HDMI display connectors.

'The high-performance PC space seems to have gone out of control when power supplies exceed 1.6 or 2 kilowatts, drawing more than the wall can handle, and people have 3-4 video cards and spend $5,000 to 6,000 on a machine just to play a videogame," said Rahul Sood, Chief Technology Officer for HP's Global Gaming Business.'

I'll certainly be interested to see what that $1800 get you in the way of minimum specs."

Source

2. Pizzaroo

Pizzaroo douchebag

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    hm, seems like a pretty reliable mini-machine.

3. dinofan01

dinofan01 Misses the old days...

Jul 4, 2008
    United States
    Sounds pretty good. Im no expert though.

4. Midna

Midna Banned

Banned
    Apr 13, 2008
    Albania
    Looks nice... I still rather a souped up mac mini, though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice