One-Netbook launches ONEXPLAYER mini handheld gaming PC

onexplayer mini.JPG

Laptop manufacturer One-Netbook has been venturing into the handheld gaming PC market in recent years and it doesn't seem like they are about to stop any time soon. This week, the company launched the ONEXPLAYER mini. This 7-inch handheld packs an Intel Core i7-1195G7 and an Iris Xe Graphics G7; and boasts a more compact and pocketable form factor than its competitors do.

More spec details of the device can be found below:

· Intel® 11th Tiger Lake I7-1195G7, 4 cores 8 threads, 12M Cache, 2.90 GHz Base Frequency, 5.00 GHz Max Turbo Frequency
· Intel Iris Xe Graphics 96EU eligible max 1.40GHz
· 7 Inch FHD IPS Screen, 1920 x 1200, 323 PPI
· 16GB LPDDR4x 4,266MHz Dual Channel Memory
· 10-Point Multi-Touch
· 10.23 x 4.1 x 0.9 inch / 587g (20.7oz)
· Wi-Fi6 / BT 5.0

The ONEXPLAYER mini retails for $1,259 (the limited early bird price is $1,059) on the official ONEXPLAYER store. This puts it within the same price range as the newly-announced AMD-based AYA NEO NEXT but still more expensive than the Steam Deck.

:arrow: SOURCE

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it wasn't for the Deck, we'd not see all these alts.
I don't think that's quite true. One Notebook have been making things for a while. If anything I'd say if it wasn't for GPD.

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
What's the point of selling this at $1200 when the top tier Steam Deck with etched glass is half the price @ $600 and entry level steam deck is $400. Valve will wipe the floor with all these other hand-helds which have been going for over a grand, Aya Neo and others.

ital

Trophies
XP
More the merrier. Bring the price down as the quality goes up. But of course, consoomers will consoom and buy the new Malibu Stacy because of the hat. Again and again.

A Switch sized unit with OLED display that could run mid 2010 spec PC games and current emulators would be perfect for most of us. Especially at or around £400.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
$1,259
It’s like they saw the price of the Steam Deck and Switch and said “Bet,” then missed the point
Well, the thing seems, despite the gfx card, of which I know nothing, a powerhouse. But I agree that they are courageous people, 1200 $ is mucho dinero. It's two high end Steam Decks, or 4 poor people ones.

Maybe it's canadian dollars?

Reactions: HellGhast

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, the thing seems, despite the gfx card, of which I know nothing, a powerhouse. But I agree that they are courageous people, 1200 $ is mucho dinero. It's two high end Steam Decks, or 4 poor people ones.

Maybe it's canadian dollars?
I understand the price but they definitely aren't being smart nor competitive. I am sure these have a crowd that wants them but if the Switch shows anything, it's that people just want to game on the go and don't care about what's going on inside.

eyeliner

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I understand the price but they definitely aren't being smart nor competitive. I am sure these have a crowd that wants them but if the Switch shows anything, it's that people just want to game on the go and don't care about what's going on inside.
That's the thing. The price is reasonable for the machine it is now. But when the Steam Deck comes... It won't.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's the thing. The price is reasonable for the machine it is now. But when the Steam Deck comes... It won't.
no one that buys any nintendo cares for the price, they want an original nintendo on the go.
and the lack of hw isn't anything they care much for either.
it's that old classic mostly harmless gaming, the in home single screen multiplayer experience...
the arcade experience in home...
ever seen someone checking the hw specs in an arcade?
why would they start doing so at home?

eyeliner

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
no one that buys any nintendo cares for the price, they want an original nintendo on the go.
and the lack of hw isn't anything they care much for either.
it's that old classic mostly harmless gaming, the in home single screen multiplayer experience...
the arcade experience in home...
ever seen someone checking the hw specs in an arcade?
why would they start doing so at home?
Is that a haiku?
Dude, this isn't catered for the Nintendo userbase. This is catered for PC gamers that want mobility. Comparing this to the Switch is like asking a kid if an ice cream is sweet enough. It's pointless.

The original post made it clear: this is competing with the Aya Neo, and any other similar device that runs Windows/Linux. Soon, it will compete with the Steam Deck.

For the Switch, the only competitor is itself.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am not saying it's not reasonable, I am saying that I don't think it's going to be competitive with anything other than the previous 1K handheld computer. Most people are looking for gaming on the go and there aren't as many powerusers as there are just average gamers on an average budget or lower.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Too bad the mini isnt really much smaller than the original, internals look amateurish and it doesnt work well on lower power. You get at the most less than 2 hours battery life on these for good gaming.

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to RelaxingEnd's video this is almost the exact size as the Switch OLED, which is amazing, all handheld PCs have not ceased to amaze me.
Also, the 5 GHZ "turbo" is over clocking right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over