One-Netbook launches ONEXPLAYER mini handheld gaming PC

onexplayer mini.JPG

Laptop manufacturer One-Netbook has been venturing into the handheld gaming PC market in recent years and it doesn't seem like they are about to stop any time soon. This week, the company launched the ONEXPLAYER mini. This 7-inch handheld packs an Intel Core i7-1195G7 and an Iris Xe Graphics G7; and boasts a more compact and pocketable form factor than its competitors do.

More spec details of the device can be found below:

· Intel® 11th Tiger Lake I7-1195G7, 4 cores 8 threads, 12M Cache, 2.90 GHz Base Frequency, 5.00 GHz Max Turbo Frequency
· Intel Iris Xe Graphics 96EU eligible max 1.40GHz
· 7 Inch FHD IPS Screen, 1920 x 1200, 323 PPI
· 16GB LPDDR4x 4,266MHz Dual Channel Memory
· 10-Point Multi-Touch
· 10.23 x 4.1 x 0.9 inch / 587g (20.7oz)
· Wi-Fi6 / BT 5.0

The ONEXPLAYER mini retails for $1,259 (the limited early bird price is $1,059) on the official ONEXPLAYER store. This puts it within the same price range as the newly-announced AMD-based AYA NEO NEXT but still more expensive than the Steam Deck.

:arrow: SOURCE

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow! No thanks for overpriced 1200 dollars.

I going to build my first gaming desktop computer to save my money. ;)

I don't trust laptop because too easy get overheat due to lack air and poor vents for air go in and out.

Desktop computers are built to last for many years can go between 10 years - 20 years depend on high quality of hardware parts installed. Cheers :)

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand the price but they definitely aren't being smart nor competitive. I am sure these have a crowd that wants them but if the Switch shows anything, it's that people just want to game on the go and don't care about what's going on inside.
Apart from its whats on the inside that lets you play games the switch cant and the whole point of pc gaming itself, now for those who want it on the move as the Nintendo fanboys loved to say about the switch and its inferior ports...

Tho ive still to see someone on a bus playing a switch.

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These price points actually give me a chuckle, a hardy "hmph" when I see them.

Do they not know their competition? No brand recognition and the cost of your soul. No thanks.

I understand the cost of manufacturing these things but it doesn't seem wise to get into this game when you have nothing else to earn with and can't sell at a loss. Not at this time, with the chip shortage and the tech just not being there yet to make these "affordable"

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Do they not know their competition? No brand recognition and the cost of your soul. No thanks.
I understand the cost of manufacturing these things but it doesn't seem wise to get into this game when you have nothing else to earn with and can't sell at a loss. Not at this time, with the chip shortage and the tech just not being there yet to make these "affordable"

I'm not sure what you mean. One Netbook is a pretty successful maker of sub-notebooks and UMPCs, they've been around for years, this is their fourth "gaming" handheld already, it's not like they have nothing else to fall on, and it's not like they don't know what they're doing, how to price things, and what sells.

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you mean. One Netbook is a pretty successful maker of sub-notebooks and UMPCs, they've been around for years, this is their fourth "gaming" handheld already, it's not like they have nothing else to fall on, and it's not like they don't know what they're doing, how to price things, and what sells.
I guess what I mean is I've never heard of them, or maybe I have and just didn't remember what I've seen, so I don't immediately associate them with anything else.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this and that alone hurts their potential to move units. I am sure this is a fine product, seems to have everything it needs but if someone doesn't recognize a company vs other handhelds, that and the price may steer them away from purchasing.

I speak out of my own ignorance and more generally about recent gaming handhelds being announced. Seems like a tough time to get into what seems a relatively niche market, especially due to Steam selling their handheld at what must be a loss. No one else can do that which makes the competition tough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: