1. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".
    Former Staff

Croatia
    Normally I would agree but GPD is reputable and have a whole bunch of successful projects behind them so they're a pretty safe bet.

Scarlet likes this.
  2. Scarlet

Scarlet Pretty Pretty Princess
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Big agree here. The brand was the only reason I felt safe dropping the money on a Win 3.

ILuvGames likes this.
  3. WiiMiiSwitch

WiiMiiSwitch COBANERMITE FOREVER

United States
    GPD still exists? I haven't heard that name since 2017

4. spotanjo3

spotanjo3 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    I prefer desktop pc over it. Sorry but it doesn't mean anything to me. And it is way too expensive than desktop PC.Ridiculous, really. Also, I am not a fan of on the go, thought.

5. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    GDP makes great stuff. There's nothing quite like it on the market aside from the AYA NEO. AYA's controllers feel cheap as all heck though, while GPD's stuff feels really solid and has good external build quality. I wonder how the switch to AMD will go, especially if they're offing an Intel model same generation. They've come a long way.
    They never stopped. GPD Win 3 launched in January. Reviews all over YouTube.
    For whatever reason, they choose to use it as a storefront. It gets the job done. Considering they're based out of China, it's a way better choice than like Ali Express. They've proven to make it work after all this time, but it doesn't exactly spark confidence. A lack of EU reseller means paying 100s in customs.

WiiMiiSwitch likes this.
  6. WiiMiiSwitch

WiiMiiSwitch COBANERMITE FOREVER

United States
    You know, back in 17 I really wanted one. It was super interesting seeing a windows based ds

7. Scarlet

Reporter

United Kingdom
    For what it's worth, they mark the packages as $200, so you're paying ~£60 in customs for the UK. Kinda not really above board, but hey ho it's their business not mine.

8. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    In some countries, they won't care. Like in Italy or the Netherlands you might not even have to pay, assuming the package doesn't disappear in transit.

In Germany, they will make you travel to bumfuck nowhere, wait two hours, open the package up in front of a customs agent, and provide printed evidence of how much you paid for it. The customs agent may also google it. If the customs agent is having a bad day and everything doesn't quite line up, they can charge you with a crime.

9. Scarlet

Reporter

United Kingdom
    Yeah I did see somebody on the Indiegogo page mention the process in Germany. Scary. I just paid what they asked and it came in the UK, thankfully.

10. brollikk

brollikk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    what is the use-case for this over say a really high end android phone?

11. DerpDingus

DerpDingus Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    using this thing for gaming is like using an ipad to take photos.

12. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I'm a bit concerned with how many models gpd produces nowadays. Pocket, max and win 3, each with hardware revisions.

I get they needed to come up with an AMD based system, but why the max and not the three?

I'm... Sort of thinking on getting this one in about a year or so. But it's hard to get excited as I suspect there'll be three or four newer models coming up soon,if they keep doing this...

13. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Well this is running Windows

14. Ottoclav

Ottoclav Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Give me a brick with a screen and usb inputs to attach my own controller and other peripherals and I'd be happier than getting a laptop with some D-pads.

15. air2004

air2004 Air

United States
    That's what she said

16. smallissue
    This message by smallissue has been removed from public view by Veho, May 12, 2021, Reason: Off-topic.
    May 12, 2021
  17. ldeveraux

ldeveraux GBAtemp Fan

United States
    False!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - announces, handheld, gaming